Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
was that you that won the best offer?

id also like to know what are the best kind of pads for overall performance and the least brake dust, semi met, ceramic, etc. and what would work best with the drilled and slotted rotors?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
stratastic said:
was that you that won the best offer?

id also like to know what are the best kind of pads for overall performance and the least brake dust, semi met, ceramic, etc. and what would work best with the drilled and slotted rotors?

Bendix CT-3 pads. :)

Seriously though, I've had great results with them and so have a number of others on here. Very low brake dust, very low noise, and great performance.

If you are going to be spending a bit of time on a road course track, I'd suggest going with the Bendix Titaniumetallic II pads. These still have low dust and low noise (almost as low as the CT-3 pads) and have great performance. These pads will handle high heat better, which is what you would experience at a track.

CT-3 = ceramic
Titaniumetallic II = semi-met

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
Nah, it wasn't me who got those....but I kept him marked to contact him about getting a set, was a pretty good deal. I would go with ceramic pads, they will handle the heat the best.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
167 Posts
iRotors

I got iRotors, drilled and slotted, they are noisy, wouldn't buy again. I have to buy new rotors anyway, I won't buy slotted ones, want to avoid the noise during breaking. Tirerack had offered drilled Brembo rotors for second gen a while ago, now I can't find them anymore... maybe you know some other stores that offer Brembo drilled rotors ?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
exup said:
I got iRotors, drilled and slotted, they are noisy, wouldn't buy again. I have to buy new rotors anyway, I won't buy slotted ones, want to avoid the noise during breaking. Tirerack had offered drilled Brembo rotors for second gen a while ago, now I can't find them anymore... maybe you know some other stores that offer Brembo drilled rotors ?
did you use google yet?

and Nick they look like good rotors. how are the pads? have you installed the new brakes yet?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey gary didnt you read ALL of my last post where i said id let you all know how they are when i install them this weekend. the pads look good, not sure on how they perform
i gotta run to the grandparents so ill be back in about 30-40 min

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
stratastic said:
hey gary didnt you read ALL of my last post where i said id let you all know how they are when i install them this weekend. the pads look good, not sure on how they perform
i gotta run to the grandparents so ill be back in about 30-40 min
lol, nah. i skimmed it. when are you going to install? maybe i'll come out and give you a hand.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
negative, sat is junk yard day. when is your next day off?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sat and sun i could do it after work on fri if you wanna come that night
you could leave around 3 cause i get off at 3:25
i just might pick up some caliper paint as well

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i might do that. AIM me later.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts