DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, traded in the Intrepid today because it was beginning to knock, throw codes and I wanted to get rid of it before it was virtually worthless. So as the title reads, the new car is a 2000 LHS. At first we thought it was a 2001. What exactly is the difference between the two? I know it doesn't have the wood-trim on the steering-wheel but does it have the controls or were they also only available on the '01? Also, does it have Evic or just the Otis? I didn't know which one it was as I test-drove it. I'd appreciate some insights as to the differences between the model years.

PS. Money, cash, 3.5L H.O.'s.
Love the change in power.

Thanks in advance,

Jacob.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, and yes I do like the chrome accents inside the car. Very nice. Also very nice growl when you stand behind the car and it's started. Pretty good sound.

By the way, we're paying $5000 plus the Intrepid for it. It's got 72,000 miles.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Sweet, another LHS to join me around here :)

I have the 01' Catalog in front of me here, it lists availible options as:

*Side Air Bags (I know this is a 01 only option)

*Cold Weather Group - Engine Block and Battery Heaters

*Luxury Group - Wood interior and steering wheel trim, Auto Dimming outside mirror, Auto Tilt Down side mirrors in reverse, EVIC,

*Moonroof

*Smokers Group - Ashtrays and front lighter

*Sound System - Infinity II system, including 4 disk changer, and steering wheel controls

*Tires - Full Size matching spare

*Wheels - Chrome (as opposed to painted silver)

Only options i don't have are the full size spare, the smokers group, and the side airbags...

I didn't know you could get a LHS without an EVIC...

Here is my EVIC, does yours look like this?:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LHSDriver01 said:
Sweet, another LHS to join me around here :)

I have the 01' Catalog in front of me here, it lists availible options as:

*Side Air Bags (I know this is a 01 only option)

*Cold Weather Group - Engine Block and Battery Heaters

*Luxury Group - Wood interior and steering wheel trim, Auto Dimming outside mirror, Auto Tilt Down side mirrors in reverse, EVIC,

*Moonroof

*Smokers Group - Ashtrays and front lighter

*Sound System - Infinity II system, including 4 disk changer, and steering wheel controls

*Tires - Full Size matching spare

*Wheels - Chrome (as opposed to painted silver)

Only options i don't have are the full size spare, the smokers group, and the side airbags...

I didn't know you could get a LHS without an EVIC...

Here is my EVIC, does yours look like this?:

Nope, my buttons are different. It's the Otis... oh well. Thanks for the info, btw. :)
Man, this thing is a wolf in expensive sheep's clothing. Just floored it on an empty stretch of road... just a few hundred feet long, but christ it takes off. The difference in power over the 2.7 is very apparent. Now I need to take a bunch of pics so you all can see how it looks. (it takes long to type with an unruly 3-month old on your left arm:D)

Thanks, Keith. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congrats on the LHS! Of course I'm biased, but so what! It's a great car!

The quickest way I have for telling the difference between a '00 and '01 is the '01 has radio controls on the back of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. I love every second of driving it as well. I know about the "missing" steering wheel radio controls - the sales people were funny. "Yeah, it's got a 6-cd changer", which it doesn't and another guy told me about the radio controls on the seat... oy.
I do like the fact that it doesn't have the chrome rims and that the rims actually match the paint color of the car. I think it makes it look a little sportier and more aggressive. :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LHSDriver01 said:
I do have the full size spare in the trunk and for some reason the thread on the tire on that rim is in a lot better shape than the one on the front right. Wonder what happened. Hopefully the rim isn't bent or anything like that. :icon_conf

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Through a family member the household got access to free carfax reports for the next three weeks and I knew the LHS was OK, but when I pulled up the record on the Intrepid..... aiiii....... It started its life as a rental and was in three accidents in it's first four years of existence. :bash: I was the 3rd owner - not the 2nd as the dealer claimed. Ah, that's what you get for buying blind. My father in law's Durango was clean, as was my brother in law's Plymouth Neon but my sister in law's Focus had an accident six years ago and we suspected that as the frame in the back of the car when you look underneath the trunk area is all bent out of shape and the bumber looks like it doesn't fit perfectly with small gaps here and there. :driving:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats on the LHS

Hope you do like it. I have a 99 with 59,000 miles on and love it. Its stone white.(Another non-SILVER LHS :icon_wink ) Nice cars. Had some minor problems with mine, but overall its a nice car. Done some work so if you need some help let me know. I'll get some pics on here for you guys.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.