DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get to upgrade to a new phone at the end of the month, so I was wondering what I should get. What I want is a camera phone, preferably black with subtle/ straight lines, nothing bubbly like some of the LG's I've seen. I like the Motorola V276 and the V710, and the E815 is an option, but my sister just told me that Motorola chargers suck (connectors snap off). Does anyone have any suggestions? I think Verizon foots $100 of the bill when you upgrade on time, so the ones I mentioned are fine price-wise... I'm not really that concerned with uber features because that just jacks up the price. As long as it does what it is designed to do, and allows me to talk to my good ladyfriend for a few hours in the wee hours of the morning without bitching about battery life, I'm set.

J

·
0 Posts
What I wonder about this technology is whether it will recognize my face at night.
...Or will it first have to blind me with a blast from a built-in electronic flash?
And -
Will it recognize me immediately after the airbag in my Concorde has smashed my nose into the right side of my face?
... Or Oki is so smart to say: ".. that's what OnStar is for?"
Afterall, when the airbag deploys OnStar immediately dials for help, regardless of how bad you look.

.. gearlog ..

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Somehow I don't think Verizon carries that. Lol.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Does it have to be a CDMA phone? (If you're with Verizion, then yes it would have to be). You can wait for the CDMA version of Motorola's GSM RAZR, which is due out in a little bit.

I would recommend that, or the e815 (that's what I have). Both come with a 1.3mg pixel camera, 40mb HD, MP3 player, bluetooth (well, I'm not sure about the RAZR, but I know the e815 comes with bluetooth), and a host of other options.

I'll see if I can find a link/pics to the CDMA RAZR...

Found it!
http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details/0,,129,00.html

·
Registered
73 Posts
im tmobile customer so cant really know what verizon has to offer. but shes right motorolla chargers suck. my gf has to buy a new charger every 3 months for hers, and actually just to get a replacement phone that she bought 2 months ago bcuz it wasnt excepting a charge. i go nokia every time and love them, very realiable phones. mine is nokia 3220. it has camera, video, and voice recorder. can do aim, icq, yahoo instant messenger programs. plus games and all. i havent had an issue with yet, and plus u get three different face plates and backings with it, i use black with the silver trim. nice!

phones official link

hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
HP 6315 ipaq GSM phones are nice. I have one that I have unlocked and then modded with a hacked h6365 OS ROM. I run the phone on Cingular now as the TMO 'network' and customer support sucks. www.pdaphonehome.com has details.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i have a Motorolla V276, which i noticed you said you liked
I absolutely love this phone!!!
Its much better than the crappy Audiovox I used to have!!!
and, despite what others have said, i have no problems with the charger whatsoever and i really don't know how anyone could break it unless they abuse it or pound on it or something
its an awesome phone!
its hella nice looking:

and easy to use, it works awesome and it takes ok pictures (they arent amazing but the only place i'm gonna look at them is on the phone, i'm wayyy too cheap to pay to send them to myself)

plus i got it for cheap (only $30 from my best friend's great aunt)

i even splurged at the Verizon store when i was getting it activated and bought a leather case for it
then, i was mowing the lawn at my grandparents house like 4 days after i got the phone and i noticed a plastic cell clip on the ground, looked like motorola style, sure enough, it fit, so I got a $20 cell clip for free
all i really want for it is a car charger, probably for christmas...

anyway i dunno if they have it near you but Verizon has a deal going on on the 276 for $50 right now, i'd go for that instead of spending a rediculous amount on the Razr

/end my V276 pimping :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just got two e815's, for me and my daughter. The reception is awesome on that phone. Best signal strength I've seen on any phone. My daughter is pretty picky bout her phones and she likes it a lot

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I just got an E-815, it is definately way more solid than the free phones I have seen others get. I had read a review on some website that the 815 got better reception that the guys previous phone in the same locations.

It sucks that V-cast isn't available anywhere in my entire state!!!.

My wife uses it so I can't comment on length of runtime. Although an extended life battery is available for it if you need it.

I would have picked the razr, but Verizon wasn't offering it where I live.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
well i just got my new phone from best buy, i am on geek squad and i had it for about 3 days now, freakin SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000357068348/

i started to make a new thread but i was lazy, i just found out they are not released yet becuase i went to a verizon store to see some accessories i could get and they were all shocked that i had one

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
I just got an E-815, it is definately way more solid than the free phones I have seen others get. I had read a review on some website that the 815 got better reception that the guys previous phone in the same locations.

It sucks that V-cast isn't available anywhere in my entire state!!!.

My wife uses it so I can't comment on length of runtime. Although an extended life battery is available for it if you need it.

I would have picked the razr, but Verizon wasn't offering it where I live.
Verizon doesn't offer it because the RAZR is a GSM phone and Verizon is a CDMA provider (if I'm not mistaken....... I'm too lazy to check). In either case, a CDMA version of the GSM RAZR should be out within the next 4-5 months or so (maybe less).

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
nokia SUX! i had to have both of mine replaced at least 3 times, before i finally broke down and just bought a motorola v330 (T-Mobile) havent had any problems since! (I now have the RAZR and its been a very good phone too

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha, just looked at functionality of Bluetooth on Verizon handsets, and rolled my eyes. It's basically pointless unless you use wireless headsets and hands-free calling. So far it seems my best bet is the V276, since the E815 and VX8100 will actually cost money to get (my sister said Verizon takes off $100.00 when you upgrade, and the V276 is $100.00, the others are $150.00 and $200.00 respectively). The reason they are so expensive is due to the added features that I will never use. That Nokia 3220 does look like a really sweet phone, too bad neither of my Verizon stores offer Nokia's, mine has been so reliable, and it's that cheapo $30 non-flip phone they offered two years ago, my parents got mine free in a two for one deal when they went to the store to upgrade my moms phone and add a new number to their family plan for me. So far it has weathered having the end of the whip antenna broken off, has been opened a hundred times and the battery pulled out while the phone is on, been slammed against objects in a bout of rage, causing the phone to explode into a dozen pieces, eventually that caused a small crack in the case at the bottom of the phone, and the power button has yellowed, even though I never use it because I never turn the phone off. Yeah that's right, the only times it turns off are when the battery dies. Oh well, I'll also peruse the store when we go, but keep an eye on the V276, the E815, and the VX8100.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
If you're still driving around a DCX, you can installed a bluetooth compatible phone dialer (UConnect I believe it's called). If I had a new DCX, it would be up there on the list of things to install.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Stock04Intrepid said:
Verizon doesn't offer it because the RAZR is a GSM phone and Verizon is a CDMA provider (if I'm not mistaken....... I'm too lazy to check). In either case, a CDMA version of the GSM RAZR should be out within the next 4-5 months or so (maybe less).
It is "supposed" to be out before Christmas....but who knows.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
There was rumour of a Q4 release this year, but Bell will likely see the CDMA RAZR in Q1 '06 (Bell is usually a bit behind Verizion)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Stock04Intrepid said:
There was rumour of a Q4 release this year, but Bell will likely see the CDMA RAZR in Q1 '06 (Bell is usually a bit behind Verizion)

Ahh didn't know you were on Bell. You mentioned Verizon in your post so I figured we were tlaking about them.

On a side note, I found the GSM RAZR for 229 black or 249 silver, PM me for a link somebody is interested.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol I have the Verizon, I am assuming Bell is Canadian? Never heard of it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts