DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next year or so, I decide to buy new Dodge Intrepid 2004 and then I want to make cool car like new rim, body, paint, light, rebuild engine, seat, and much more. I want change 2.7L to 3.5L engine. Where can I find place to do that??

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
If you are going to buy a 2004 why not start with one that already has the 3.5 so you dont need to convert it at all?

Better yet, why not get a 2004 300M special so a lot of the modifications you mention (HID lights, heated memory seats, etc) are already done?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yes but I might will buy new HEMI 5.4L V8 if can, also I want to paint color, charger rims, and anything that dream of car. You know what name of body shop?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I know a lot of good body shops, of course with them here in New England I dont think you will have much luck using them

As for the Hemi dream (yes, dream) don't count on it, you will need to replace every single drivetrain part and custom pretty much every mount. To say the least it isn't soemthing you would want to even consider. It would end up cheaper to buy a hemi Charger.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Umm, have you hear Dodge Intrepid Daytona? That what I want look like that so how about one place for repair engine and other place for paint, then other place for other body shop?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
You are not going to find a shop able to put a Hemi V8 into an Intrepid and have it running without spending well over $10K

There are plenty of shops here who could handle that type of work (Miller race cars for one) but again what good is that going to do you since you are in Indiana?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok, yes i am in indiana but I will be in New York next year. If hemi not able to do that but does 3.5L still good?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Oh ok, yes i am in indiana but I will be in New York next year. If hemi not able to do that but does 3.5L still good?
Yes, a 3.5L will be good. A 5.7L Hemi isn't going to work without SERIOUS modification. It was tried by a member on here and the hood was too low. Like Joe said, you should just look for a 300M Special. Comes from the factory with all the goodies and a good amount of power.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah I see. But I like Intrepid than 300m but 300m still look nice. Also I heard many many many intrepid have problem engine, mine too...I wonder 3.5L still ok to go but do I able to buy new 3.5L or can clean up and rebuild 3.5L engine?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Ah I see. But I like Intrepid than 300m but 300m still look nice. Also I heard many many many intrepid have problem engine, mine too...I wonder 3.5L still ok to go but do I able to buy new 3.5L or can clean up and rebuild 3.5L engine?
3.5's are usually okay. It's the 2.7's you have to watch out for. If you like the Intrepid, find an Intrepid R/T.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
really? 2.7L is very bad engine? Ok I will look for R/T, but what about ES?
I wouldn't call it a bad engine. You just don't know how the last owner took care of it. Regular oil changes with a 2.7 are a MUST. An ES is most likely a 3.2L. But an R/T or an SXT has the 3.5. Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the 3.2 and the 3.5 are very similar engines.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Mike, I know how to make a 3.5 fly, don't I??

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Oh Toochy,Toochy,Toochy...I'm not sure which year it changed, but 03 and 04s have 3.5

I saw a 2000 ES today with a 2.7...that's messed up!
I thought about that after I made that post. Shame on me. lol

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Only a few ES's came with the 2.7L. The difference is that those had the Manifold Tuning Valves.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts