DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are sweet..

If I manage to track the cop down again I'll see about getting some interior shots and under hood shots.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Know what the strangest thing is to me though??? When they get down to the last year of production of the Intrepids............THEN they decide to make cop cars, wtf???

·
Registered
390 Posts
Avenger said:
Know what the strangest thing is to me though??? When they get down to the last year of production of the Intrepids............THEN they decide to make cop cars, wtf???
They made the Intrepid cop car for three years, not just the last year of production. the wheel covers are optional over the dog dish hubcaps.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Avenger said:
They figured (in 2002) that since the Crown Vics are blowing up like nuclear, and the Impala are getting out ran by 10 spd bikes, this is a good time to make a cop version.

Now when the Trep was first introduced, the LT1 Chevy Caprices were running hotter than ever, and some agencies were still using the Diplomat / Gran Fury. You think the Trep would have any chance back then?

·
Registered
390 Posts
RJ said:
They figured (in 2002) that since the Crown Vics are blowing up like nuclear, and the Impala are getting out ran by 10 spd bikes, this is a good time to make a cop version.

Now when the Trep was first introduced, the LT1 Chevy Caprices were running hotter than ever, and some agencies were still using the Diplomat / Gran Fury. You think the Trep would have any chance back then?
Don't forget about the police package Mustangs and Camaros being used back then too! I want a nice B4C police Camaro to go with my Trep. If anybody finds one, let me know!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm gonna try to get a few pic's of a police Trep in my area VIRGINIA TECH POLICE DEPT "Home of the VA Tech Hokies".....But i like that one in those pics.......

Hey purpletreppy, I'm in EMS too, I'm volunteer.......can't get paid much around here where I live

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Hey Tim (Veeb0rg): That's cool that Anne Arundel has them. Down here in St Mary's county they have Ford's. Not sure what model, cause I don't stick around long enough to find out.

PurpleTreppy said:
Thats a very beautiful car...I like the color.
All 2nd gen Intrepids in MD are beautiful.

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
crombie said:
Hey Tim (Veeb0rg): That's cool that Anne Arundel has them. Down here in St Mary's county they have Ford's. Not sure what model, cause I don't stick around long enough to find out.
well Howard County has 1st gens as unmarked detective cars..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts