DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
changing out 2.7 ecm for 3.5 going to put ecm that came with engine. replacement one that came with engine is looking for pass key i was told if replacing with new ecm it would work .if using used one ecm would look for pass key no pass key no run ,new ecm would not find one looking would start and run any one else have this issue thanks

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I would get the new engine up and running on the old ECM first.
If you've already done that and everything is working good then I would move on to the 3.5 ECM.

After installing the 3.5 ECM, start the engine.
If the engine only runs for two seconds, you will not be able to use that ECM without the Sentry Key.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,125 Posts
You need all three of these from the same donor car: PCM, SKIM Module and Sentry Key.

If you are missing any of the three it will not work without an expensive trip to the dealer.

I'm guessing you didn't get the SKIM module and/or the Sentry Key from the donor car. So essentially that PCM you got with the "new" engine is pretty much worthless.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
I did something similar with my 99.
I had to replace the PCM, got one out of the yard, the dealer made it work for $100
Brought them the PCM, from another M...and they made it work.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesterday went to local dealer .had and light and ci encounters light come on .2.7 ecm sex no issues .dealer reprogramed ecm new one programed for tire size 190.00

·
Woober Goobers!
50,125 Posts
So did that come in a PC or a Mac?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts