DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally splurged and got a new exhaust system. I went for a dynomax super turbo(17739), I heard it's made for a camaro because of the dual pipes coming out of it. I dumped the resonator and had two pipes run back with two bad ass crome tips. It looks great but I'm not sure if I like the resonance in the interior. I like the deep growl when I punch it but it seems to drone when in third. Anyone else have any opinions about this muffler.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sounds like a great setup. I'm a little slow when it comes to cars, but what does resonance in the interior mean? Is it a sound? smell? I plan on leaving the stock resonator when my Flowmaster 40 series delta flow arrives.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Resonance in the interior is just how much you can hear it. I have almost the exact same setup on mine, and the only time it gets that loud is right around 1500 rpms but thats because it hits the natural frequency of the exhaust pipes - its kinda hard to explain but if you remember Physics from high school you'd understand.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm only 17 and I'm a Junior in high school, and i'm in Chemistry. I sure as hell did not sign up for Physics next year because its required you take pre-calculus along with it:crazy:

·
Registered
530 Posts
hmmmmm......resonance sorta sounds like resonator, i wonder what it means? Hehehe, sorry man I had to do it. Just messing with you, just a car guy thing. Remember resonance is the sound you hear inside of an empty head....not implying anything. :tongue: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
you have to take pre-calc w/ Physics?? Thats pretty worthless - its not like that at our school, but then again, it wouldn't make a difference to me because I'm in AP Calc right now.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i'm not nuts aboiut that resonance, i notice it at about 16-1900 RPM's.

now you have to image this, at it's worst, was about how the flowmaster was at it quietest. :/

i have a glasspack on mine b4 the superturbo, seems to help.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I used the Dynomax 17748, single in and single out. I kept the stock collector and I also deleted the resonator. NO resonance in the car, also called the dreaded droning sound. Nice sound from the pipe yet very quiet at cruise.

·
Registered
83 Posts
hey AP calc is hard, i'm gonna need all the luck i can to pass the damn thing

·
Registered
263 Posts
collector?

Don Hardy-so whats this collector you're talking about?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I'm starting to get used to it now, it's still a bit loud at 1800 rpm like Thrasher noted but it sounds great. My eighteen year son thinks I'm going through my mid life crisis but he says I can stay there as long as I want. Maybe in 2010 I'll let him drive it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
re:collector

I was under the impression that that was another catalytic converter. hmmm...it does look like another somewhat-of-a-muffler, if so can I delete this as well and open the exhaust more?I'd just make it some sort of Y-pipe/H-pipe assembly (if that makes sense) 'cus the pressure would somehow have to be evened out between the two 'headers' ,right?(which is probably what this does-hence collector) aarg-nevermind! If it's not broke, don't fix it. and my exhaust is pleasing enough to me.

·
Registered
973 Posts
d-whatever00 (hard for me to remember long names) it's not a cat, it is a collector semi-sorta-muffler. I personally think you are right, maybe you shouldn't replace it with nothing! I'm under the impression that you would get a ton of interior noise. I left mine stock, as you know, and I get no interior noise - thank God! The sound is all out-o-the pipe at the rear. It is 6:45 PM here and this martini is GOOOOD!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am wondering something before do any mods to my Trep. with these different exhaust set-up, is anyone running into any emissions problems when smogging? a local guy that i go to for other things on the car says that he WON'T do mods to exhaust for that reason. just curious. Thanx guys!

·
Registered
973 Posts
No smog checks here on Guam. The folks on the 300M forums seem to agree that there will be no problem passing the checks because the cats stay in place.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts