DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Has anyone here tried those fancy new "reflex" wiper blades yet?
They're expensive as hell, so I thought I would try and get some feedback on whether they are worth it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I heard they're easily prone to being damaged. My PIAA silicone blades were about $30 US each if you wanna talk expensive :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
I bought one last fall, to try. and have to admit, they are reasonable. they do seem to adhere to the windshield a bit better, though they do lift when I'm zippping along at a high speed.

·
Registered
467 Posts
my very stock wiper blades work perfectly for the cost :)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
95PGTTech said:
my very stock wiper blades work perfectly for the cost :)
The PIAA's work A LOT better than your 'very stock' blades. Plus my 'very stock' blades were ripping when I replaced them. I've had the PIAA's on for 3 or 4 years now.

·
Registered
467 Posts
**shrugs**

what is wrong with the stock ones? When I push ze button, ze rain disappears! :)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
get rain-x wipers. they are around $10 each last time i checked, and usually have our sizes available. Claims to apply some of the rain-x coating when they get wet, as well. They might not last as long as the other brands but they work great for the cost.

Josiah

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I can recommend the supersporza silicone wipers like Avenger. They work great. I use normal rubber blades on my work beater and they never seem to last long.

The reason I went away from stock was the "slow" max speed setting on the 2g. The coating of silicone the sporzas put on is good and the wing on the super sporza keeps it from lifting at high speed. I am getting ready to order replacement refills although they are still doing a good job after a year and half.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The Reflexs are great if you live in an area with freezing rain and snow, if not then stockers are probably fine
The Reflex ones don't ice up and loose contact like the stockers or other aftermarket hindged wipers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts