DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, finally got around to running my car again, havent driven it for a few days...anyways, pulled onto route 1 a little past foxboro stadium, then headed into a gas station to pick up some legal narcautics (skoal and flintstones vitamins)...anyways, i came out of the texaco, and there it was sitting at a pump: a red maybe 99-01 grand prix, GTP emblem, No fear strip on the windshield, big ass yellow racing stripes,...anyways, i got a phone call, so i sat there with the engine running...i guess the exhaust is a little loud because they felt the need to start their car and rev their motor hard at the pump, both of em looking at me.....the scene was stupid, that car seriously looked like the ronald McDonald mobile with those dual yellow stripes horribly stuck onto the red pontiac...anyways, the driver walked up to my car, then asked me how big my motor was (all the while giving me this "i can take this junk heap" demeanor) anyways, i asked him if his McGrand Prix was a GTP...no, it was a 3800 series with ram air...then he came out with it: "it aint a GTP, but itd sure kick the **** out of THIS..." oooo, ok, we'll see...well, we pulled out onto rt one again, and he immediately rocketed ahead before i even had the chance to pull onto the road...it was cool, the next light was perfect, just the two cars facing a straight slightly downhill grade...they were inching ahead as i was patiently waiting for the opposing light to turn yellow....green, we lit up the tires (for what felt like a good 40 feet, i swear), then i pulled ahead no problem...i passed 70 mph, then backed off, they blew by me doing maybe 80 (to be fair, it was a 50mph zone)...70 is fast enough, especially since theres no purpose to keep on going if youre already a good carlength ahead... :D Dave: 1, McDonald's: 0

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Cool man, I'm glad you showed that cocky bastard what was up. I know exactly what you are talking about with your exhaust being loud and someone reving at you when you are just sitting there. I had a Saturn do that to me once, but that's a whole different story. Good kill! :)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
sounds like a case of domestic rice. GTP badging on a non-GTP car. the 3800 has more torque than we do but less hp. i have never raced one, i always thought it would be a fairly good race with the intrepid winning, so i'm glad you confirmed my suspicions. sweet kill.

·
Registered
602 Posts
stupid GM Pussiac people!!! didn't realize GM was offering a Ronald McDonald Sport Package....?

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: MoparPerformance ]

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
sounds like a case of domestic rice. GTP badging on a non-GTP car.
At least he didn't have a Type R sticker... :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i always viewed the two cars to be pretty equal (without the supercharger), but i guess not...we were side by side until about 30 then i pulled away no problem.

(sidenote, cylinder 1 in my car is not firing properly, so i was handicapped a bit there too!)

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: Valhalla 21340 ]

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Cool, a McKill. :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
hell naaaw, man I wanna Mcthrill! I'm gonna run down to my nearest local dealership and get my one of those Ronald McDonald Limited SuperSports and trade in my 02' SE rightaway!

yeah right.....

·
Registered
558 Posts
I guess the YELLOW stripe didn't add 15 horses to his Grand Pric*s.
:rolleyes: ;) :D
Sorry bout the language. A Canadian thing, french, ya know.

Danny
Capitalcity R/T
01 Black Chrysler Intrepid R/T
Everything but the full spare.

·
Registered
870 Posts
whyme-

What the heck are you talking about?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
That's a nice older Ram you got there Dan...very clean. I like the older one's. They don't get much notice...but I dig'em!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Valhalla 21340:
i always viewed the two cars to be pretty equal (without the supercharger), but i guess not...we were side by side until about 30 then i pulled away no problem.

(sidenote, cylinder 1 in my car is not firing properly, so i was handicapped a bit there too!)

Hmmm, a n/a 3800 Grand Prix should run mid to high 15's easy. And you had a dead cylinder and still killed one? What are you guys running in the 1/4??

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: QuikBuik ]

·
Registered
8 Posts
[/b][/QUOTE]Hmmm, a n/a 3800 Grand Prix should run mid to high 15's easy. And you had a dead cylinder and still killed one? What are you guys running in the 1/4??

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: QuikBuik ][/B][/QUOTE]

Check out the rest of the board, mostly they never lose ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
heh thats funny, an NA 3800 in a Grand Prix should waste every first gen LH that it rolls up next to. Either the guy's car was majorly hurtin or he wasnt trying. Grand Prix 3800's run about 15.8 in the 1/4. I'm not criticizing intrepids, im just saying a GP would win. Most GM cars with V6's will. I used to own a Grand AM V6 (now stolen from me) that was running mid 14's in the 1/4 (NA 15.7), and I have an SSei thats running flat 7's in the 0-60. Theyre just very quick cars if you take care of them. I've been looking into the Eagle Visions because I love the way they look. I've just been told that they arent the fastest car you could get with the money. The 3.5 SOHC sounds like a great engine though so I'm still interested in either a 95 intrepid or 95 Vision. What kind of 0-60's do you guys run with a 3.5 in a first gen?? And what all have you done to your cars?

Brad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts