DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I've been signed up on the forum for a while now. I've never formally introduced myself.
I'm Robert... and I have a problem..... lol
I have a 2004 Dodge Intrepid SE with a mod or 3.. Its originally a 2.7L car but now has a 3.5 Non H.O. I've been working on it quite a bit since the summer and have done the following mods:

Light Taupe 300m Special seats
Light Taupe/Dark slate front door panels (have to modify the rears to install)
300m Special 18's
Tinted tail lights
Led High beam bulbs
K&N FIPK
Modified 300m Special exhaust (cherry bombs in place of rear resonators & 4" stainless tips)
300m sunvisors with black extensions
black A-Pillars
Police Cluster
RB1 head unit
DVD player with aux input
Motorized Mopar cell phone holder (modified to fit the intrepid)
300m floor mats
Leather arm rest cover
Wood steering wheel (also have wood shifter bezel)
wood trim in door panels
2011-2014 Dodge Charger rear spoiler
PHP 300m front brake rotors and ceramic pads
chrome shifter
chrome switches
Infinity sail speakers

Future mods I have parts to do:
300m special front and rear sway bars
special turn signal mirrors
rear door panels
Light taupe console with custom Light taupe painted molded cup holder
Modified auto stick shifter bezel (california walnut)
600W Kenwood amp
10 sub

Future plans i don't have parts for:
20's (stock LX variation maybe)
Window tint
Maybe repaint the car (dip/liquid wrap?)

anyways, i've been having a tiny bit of fun trying to move all the parts from my green 300m special conversion. As much as i hated to do it, I couldn't justify putting money into a car that wasn't up to par anymore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now, I do have one question:

I'm trying to convert my headlights to auto on/off headlights.

I've been told the connector for the sun light sensor should be close to the mounting location but i cannot find it. I have the sun light sensor screwed to the dash in it's proper location. Can anyone confirm the connector should be there? I would like to do this mod and would be nice if i can complete it. I have the head light switch too.

·
Registered
14,746 Posts
Nice looking car - You have been it correctly!

I believe the pre '02 had the wiring harness for the sun light sensor. You may have to change that wiring harness.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
After late 2000 Chrysler stopped with the "extra" wiring and went with different harnesses for different trim levels.

You would need to get a connector/wiring pigtail from the yard and wire the Sun Sensor down to the BCM. You'd need to wire the Sun Sensor Signal and Ground as shown in the wiring diagram below. You don't need to worry about the VTSS Indicator Driver as that's for the factory alarm.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After late 2000 Chrysler stopped with the "extra" wiring and went with different harnesses for different trim levels.

You would need to get a connector/wiring pigtail from the yard and wire the Sun Sensor down to the BCM. You'd need to wire the Sun Sensor Signal and Ground as shown in the wiring diagram below. You don't need to worry about the VTSS Indicator Driver as that's for the factory alarm.
I was able to get the pigtail from a parts car, I went ahead and lengthened the wires. I just need to see the connector view to be able to terminate the connector properly. Is that something you guys have access to? I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
I was able to get the pigtail from a parts car, I went ahead and lengthened the wires. I just need to see the connector view to be able to terminate the connector properly. Is that something you guys have access to? I'd appreciate it.
Yes - the FSM has a connector pinouts sub-section near the end of section 8W. The subsection number may vary in the different year FSMs, but in the ‘04 FSM, it’s section 8W-80.

2004 FSM: 2004 service and diagnostic manuals in PDF format

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to update you all, I got the lengthened wiring in place, ran the wiring along the main dash harness. I have the wiring rand down to the BCM, I just need to hook it and the Lighted Key Ring I installed as well while it was all torn down. I just ran out of time and gumption tonight. I also installed the auto head light switch. Just need to tie it all together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts