DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but i just got a 02 dark blue intrepid se and im just trying to get some rims for it. i figure that since you guys know these cars you might have a better sense of style for these cars. im just looking for suggestions

·
Registered
338 Posts
lol, im lookin for rims also - ive done a few chops of my car (will be doing more 'realistic' ones sooner or later) but over all maybe the pictures can give u some kinda idea. wooot woot another blue trep - copy and paste the "blue trep" motto into you sig. :D. ha.

ill be puttin my cardomain.com link in my sig so u can check out someother chops i did. enjoy.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Chrome R/T rims.....They are 17" and you still can get plenty of rubber to keep that comfortable ride......

Whatever way you go.....Do a Tranny service after you get your new rims and tires and have them reprogram the computer with your new tire size to correct your speedometer....

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I think 20's look guady, plus nearly all rims that big are fugly. Now if you could obtain a set like mine in the 20 inch variety I might change my mind, but probably not. What kind of rims are you lookin for tech? You like chrome, silver, something else? How bout a price range? Oh, and more importantly: Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
29 Posts
i also have that blue color, and im saving up to get 20 in chrome rims. u guys ever hear of GenX fusions? heres a pic of my car:

·
Woober Goobers!
50,138 Posts
Chrome R/T rims woohoo!! Plus I don't have to worry about running over anything bigger than a pebble that will damage the rim. That 1/2 inch of tire on 20" rims isn't much cushion and I won't need a kidney belt for the rough ride. :shocked:

·
Premium Member
16,763 Posts
Better price tires in the different rim sizes before you leap. Prices go up exponentially and choices go down exponentially with rim size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the welcome guys. as far as rims go, i definately wanna get nothing smaller than 20s. I am not too partial to just chrome or silver, as long as it looks good on my car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Arrrgh. What is it with these giant fugly rims and itty bitty thin ass tires?!?! Listen, anything bigger than 18" belongs on a truck, preferibly with 44 inchers wrapped around them! :smilie_ea Gees next you'll want to add a "fart" muffler to a Trep.

Oh, and welcome to the board!

·
Registered
589 Posts
id much rather have 20 inchs with the tire condoms lol. but my one friend has 22 inch rims with 44 inch tires wrapped around them. if i can get a camera, ill get pictures just to show you justme-

·
Registered
52 Posts
i agree with justme-
18" are big enough. going 20"+, you might as well put some mickey thompson off-road tires on it, a lift kit, and hit the woods for some mud-bogging.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,138 Posts
Watch out for those fart mufflers!! Makes me laugh when I see someone put over $2000+ in wheels/tires and they can't afford to tune the car up. No offense, but I'd rather have a reliable car rather than one sitting in the driveway that doesn't run with a bunch of bling on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts