DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new to learning about testing for power but was wondering if someone could help me with my understanding of this issue that I'm having.

Have a 98' Intrepid and won't start. Trying to figure out how the fuel injected distributorless system works. Anyhow.

Here's my problem: I pulled off the plug two at the ignition coil the green and orange wire and was just testing for power by grounding the test light to the negative battery terminal. Neither wire gave power while the engine was cranking. So I'm thinking that there's a problem with not getting power to the spark plug. Is this analysis correct or should I be doing a completely different test?

Any references or help would be appreciated.

P.S. not sure if it's because of lack of fuel but we heard the fuel pump when i put power through the relay just not sure about where the fuel pressure tester port is for the fuel lines?

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can rent a fuel pressure gauge at a big box parts store for free.

Pretty easy to test the pressure. Some good You tube vids on how to do it. Does not need to be an intrepid as it is pretty similar for all Fuel injected cars.

If you can also rent a clamp on amp meter that is a very easy way to tell if power is going to each plug.

I am not sure about what you described so I can help by validating what you did. In any event I hope I helped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts