DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smileyvault-newhere hi names Garrett, i lost my license for like 6 months, getting it back jan 19 :D. just got all new rotors, pads, and new starter and oil changed. currently exhaust is getting put back on.

okay so my question would be: I have an aftermarket head unit, wondering if my factory amp is being utilized? I get a full response from my speakers, just unsure if its as loud as it was before installation. Maybe just need to adjust the eq, and im overthinking? :hey:
thanks in advance to quick replies

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Sounds like you just need to adjust the head unit.

Generally if the amp is bad you will get nothing from the speakers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the site.

Sounds like you just need to adjust the head unit.

Generally if the amp is bad you will get nothing from the speakers.
:hmmmm:
well hold on, does that apply to the 300m infinity amp also?
assuming the intrepid uses the same infinity amp for their sound system?

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Yep adjust the EQ's a bit, lower the base output. The amp has it's own built-in cross overs and usually they're not the greatest. There are different revisions of the amps, some are better than others.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yep adjust the EQ's a bit, lower the base output. The amp has it's own built-in cross overs and usually they're not the greatest. There are different revisions of the amps, some are better than others.
great answer, appreciate it. i was unsure if i was to connect the power antenna wire from the cars wire harness manually to the new cd player remote wire. thanks for input

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks CDMCCUL, pretty excited about it >:D

how can you tell if you have a "good" or a "not so good" amp? any characteristics or ways of knowing?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I had an aftermarket in mine when i first went aftermarket - output was terrible, i literally couldnt hear some songs because i was using the RCA outs and the wire harness i was using had RCA adapters to go to the amp. It turned out the factory radio uses regular speaker output that goes to the amp, and the amp takes the huge signal and just splits up the frequencies and might boost em just a tad. So if your aftermarket radio doesnt have very high rms wattage, that could be part of the issue. if you are using RCA instead of speaker outputs to go to the amp, thats the other issue. its all in the wire harness.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I had an aftermarket in mine when i first went aftermarket - output was terrible, i literally couldnt hear some songs because i was using the RCA outs and the wire harness i was using had RCA adapters to go to the amp. It turned out the factory radio uses regular speaker output that goes to the amp, and the amp takes the huge signal and just splits up the frequencies and might boost em just a tad. So if your aftermarket radio doesnt have very high rms wattage, that could be part of the issue. if you are using RCA instead of speaker outputs to go to the amp, thats the other issue. its all in the wire harness.
im just using the wire harness, no rca being used or remote wire, they are plugged in and ran to trunk from old hi phonics but no they arent being utilized.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_15769_JVC-KD-R300.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts