DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well yesterday i decided to do it! And after seeing vegas trep 00's HID kit i had to have them!! So i ordered a McCulloch 10000K single beam HID kit w/ stander harness. I cant wait to get them! Nick i may need your help lol. I'll keep you all posted..

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok i got the HID kit today and could not wait to rip open the box and get to work haha!! Took me about 45min. First time i ever installed a full HID kit not just the phony baloney bulbs, was pretty easy and i must say im very happy!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
your SE is sikkkkk. I can't get enough of your rims ;)

10000k? Don't you think that's a bit high? I mean, I have 8000k, and that's crazy enough.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Avenger said:
your SE is sikkkkk. I can't get enough of your rims ;)

10000k? Don't you think that's a bit high? I mean, I have 8000k, and that's crazy enough.
LOL thanks man, Actually Your 8,000k's are brighter then my 10,000k's, 8,000K's are rated at 2550lm output, 10,000k's are rated at 2200lm output. Both are far superior to halogen, But 10,000K's have a more piercing blue tint to them and thats what i was looking for :cool:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
VegasTrep02 said:
LOL thanks man, Actually Your 8,000k's are brighter then my 10,000k's, 8,000K's are rated at 2550lm output, 10,000k's are rated at 2200lm output. Both are far superior to halogen, But 10,000K's have a more piercing blue tint to them and thats what i was looking for :cool:

:worthless

·
Registered
124 Posts
VegasTrep02 said:
Well yesterday i decided to do it! And after seeing vegas trep 00's HID kit i had to have them!! So i ordered a McCulloch 10000K single beam HID kit w/ stander harness. I cant wait to get them! Nick i may need your help lol. I'll keep you all posted..

Where can I order these from???
Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
qp_20 said:
Yeah 10000K is more towards the purple end of the spectrum...I remember those lights Nick. I see they are treating you good!
o yeah me and those lights hehe still not a scratch on them knock on wood

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cleric said:
Where can I order these from???
Thanx in advance.
Xenonpros.com has a pretty nice selection.
I Took this and a few other pics last night in the parking lot of a big sprint building here in lasvegas,When all of a sudden here come security yelling hey! come here! so i jumped in the trep and mashed on the gas lol

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
300Michael said:
I was going to say that, my 5400K are rated at 3200 lm out put.
Well whoever told you that was incorrect !! 4100-4300K D1S are rated as brightest with an output of ~3200lm, your 5400 are less than that probably 3000lm or so. Just FYI . :boink:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Please remember to aim your headlights right guys, the last thing you guys need to do is blind oncoming drivers with those lights.

They do look pretty nice though.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Vegastrep

You have any pics of the headlights hitting a wall im kinda curious to see the cut off lines being that you used plug and play. also where did you purchase from and did they rebase then to fit in the 9006 socket that we have. before i decide i want to spend the money on them. i was planning on doing the retrofit with projections to get the sharp cut off line but if the plug and play look decent i might save myself some money

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I've NEVER been flashed by oncoming drivers with my HID's *EXCEPT* when I had my fogs on as well with the removed shields.

I was driving in front of my Intrepid 2 nights ago, it was a bit bright in my rearview ;)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Looks great I just might get me some.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
looks nice. hope they last though...my buddy just bought a mcculloch 8000k hid kit for his truck, and now, less than a week after the install, one ballast and one bulb went bad.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts