DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody. I just purchased a 99 intrpid with a 2.7 (se). When I bought it I noticed there was no owner's manual. Can anyone tell me the proper fluids to inject (motor oil, trans oil, brake fluid and coolant. Does it even matter? I heard oil is oil pretty much. This car does have 105k on it, The home mowner told me that about every 18 months the sensor goes out causing the tranny to stick and it cost like 200 bucks. Any of you guys have similar problems? hey thanx everybody.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
normal servicing is what you need.
tranny fluid = Atf+4
oil (biggie here)= mobil 1 synthetic!!!...your year 2.7L has know issues for sludge and motor failure...monitor it constantly.
coolant= doesnt matter...just keep a good 50-50 mix
the sensor your refurring to is the input/output sensors that tend to crap out occassionally. the sensors cost 30-50 bucks and take 5-10 minutes to change.
if your cars goes into limpmode (2nd gear only) then that is usually the problem. Not all are bad just common.
hope this info helps ya.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks everybody for your responses. you have already been a huge help. hopefully i can help somebidy else out with an aftermarket part or something.l

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, 1 more question. is there anywhere on thuis site to post a non intrepid/concorde/lhs question. it would be about a 94 lumina minivan. thanx again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts