DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I've been looking around now for 4 weeks for a decent Chevy Caprice, and came up open handed. I soon became extremely pissed off and decided just to give up on my search.

Fast forward to today. I was contacted by a wholesaler I met awhile ago and he told me he just recieved a '94 Dodge Intrepid with 27k original miles from an elderly man. He told me he'd let it go for around 2,800 :bigsmile:. So, I thought I'd go check it out for myself. Clean title, clean CarFax report, 3 hours later I'm driving it home with a big smile on my face.

This is my first Dodge, and so far i'm very happy. I look forward to posting here and gaining advice/information on mods and regular maintenance tips. I know nothing about these cars, and I hope to become more educated in the next couple weeks. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
27 000 original mles . Holy S$%T man , and I though my trep had low miles. Hows the AC ?? still work . first thing you should do is get the tranny serviced , new oil and filter ( use ATF +4) . not thats it is overused just that it has been sitting in there for 9 years . Then enjoy . Oh yeah is it an ES or SE ???

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Hey So_Fla_94Trepid: I used to live in Margate. ;)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Dude you got a great deal....welcome to the boards

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Great deal you've got there, I also own a 94 Intrepid :D

Two questions that need answering (among many others)
Does your car have driving lights on it (fogs) and what engine do you have under the hood. the 3.5 v6 of the 3.3?

As the moderator of the events forum, I would like to extend an open invitation to you and welcome you whole heartedly to Dodgeintrepid.net :D:D enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It's a 3.3 V6, and no fog lights.

AC Works great. The man who sold me the car has a collection of low mileage cars because he gets them from the Florida keys, and the majority of people living down there just use them as vacation cars to get around. He even had a 1992 Caprice Wagon with 21,000 original miles :eek: I really wanted the wagon, but it was out of my price range (I'm a fan of B-bodies).

Also, I can tell my car was sitting in the sun ALOT, because of the interior flaws which I gotta fix up. Previous owner had no tints, so that may of contributed to it. Just minor stuff, nothing big.
Thanks for the welcome and invintation!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts