DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up our intrepid yesterday. It's a 2000 Intrepis ES with the 3.2 engine. Just love the looks of this car. I hope it runs a long time for me. I will have to do some tlc on it, the door gaskets have shrunk, so I will have to reposition them and I am going to glue them in place. Also the drivers window isn't working properly, I don't know if it is just off the track or if something is broken. I got it pretty reasonable and I knew these things were bad so I have some work ahead of me. Also the auxillary cooling fan is seized, the one that comes on with the A/C. My 96 Caravan had the same problem and I replaced that with an aftermarket fan ,. much cheaper and works good. This is a good forum, lots of good info on here. It gave me a lot of pointers on what to look for when I was shopping for a car. Good job everybody.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
sounds like youve got a nice little project ahead of you there... Im sure you'll find all the answers and support you need on the boards, welcome!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Welcome to the site.
If your door seals shrunk quite a bit I would go to the wreckers and buy one seal, cut a section slightly bigger than you need and add it to yours. Your seal is a one piece seal but you can cut it, the last few years of Intrepids all had a cut seal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I worked on the door gaskets today and got them back in place. It wasn't as hard as I thought is was going to be the door gaskets were split at the bottom so I could just slide them back up and in place. I glued them now so hopefully that will help. I also used armorall so maybe they won't shrink so fast. I also noticed the drivers window doesn't go up all the way. It stopped just as it started to touch the weatherstripping on top. I took the door panel off and did some adjusting and got it too about a 1/4 inch from the top now which is better but i am still worried it will leak in the rain. Well gotta run.
Royben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts