DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatup ya'll... I got a '97 Dodge Intrepid es auto stick. It is COMPLETELY STOCK and I plan on having MUCH fun with it over this summer. I plan on getting everything worked out, from custom speaker chambers to trunk modifiers, you name it I'm planning on it. Here's something I thought of and will be done this summer as well... Suicide scissor doors! The front doors will go up like the Lamborghini doors do, and the back will open opposite way.... I haven't seen it done before on a Trep so I figured why the hell not... it'll look damn cool I think... hit me back wit your opinions on it...

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's your car, man. If you have the scratch and the ability, go for it !!!!

It would be interesting to see the gull-wings.....I am not too sure about the suicide rear doors. Just my opinion though. It might really be hot. If you can get the fronts to open "up" then I guess the rears would be easy to open backwards. SURE will make for a cavernous entrance !!!!!

How about going all the way ?!?!?!?!?! Make the top fold into the trunk !!!!!!!

And don't forget the color photos after the mods ??? Better yet, get some during the process, to show the depth of the mod.

Don't let me decide for you, though. Ultimately, it's your car and your money.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dodgepodge said:

How about going all the way ?!?!?!?!?! Make the top fold into the trunk !!!!!!!

That's not a bad idea... I could always attempt it afterwards. Wouldn't be too shabby with a drop top huh? Be a first for me to see. And don't worry about the pix... I'll get up a whole before, during, and after photo sessions with all the fun details. now I juss need to figure out how to get the top to fold down....:D

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I see you're from Brockton, you should keep your eye on the meets forum, there's gonna be a few local meets in the NE area, one of which will be hosted by myself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dodgepodge said:

It would be interesting to see the gull-wings.....I am not too sure about the suicide rear doors. Just my opinion though. It might really be hot. If you can get the fronts to open "up" then I guess the rears would be easy to open backwards. SURE will make for a cavernous entrance !!!!!

When I talked about the vertical doors, I didn't mean Gull Wing doors. I meant the Lamborghini Scissor doors. and when I said the rear doors will open opposite ways, I wasn't talking suicide doors either... i meant they will go vertical too, only instead of opening towards the front they'll open towards the back...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tooforty said:
so your what...........................magic??
I wish I was magic... then I wouldn't have to deal with the money and the labor of putting it all together. It isn't that hard to do the hinges... just reverse the hinges on the back doors and change the horizontal hinge into a vertical hinge. With remote control opening and closing, with a nice hydrolic system in it, it should look real sweet. Here's an idea on what it should look like (color is white in pic, silver in real life) the doors open like that, only without the body kit and without the drop top conversion. Just remember...THIS IS ONLY AN IDEA AND WILL LOOK 100% BETTER ONCE COMPLETED! The doors in the pic obviously won't match up when they open, but that's because I did it in like 5 min.

Please Allow time for picture to load if you're running wit a 56k modem like I am

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
nothing wrong with aiming high man. Best of luck trying to pull that off. You should bring your modded doors and the rest of your car down to the Carlisle show this summer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the luck... I was lookin over the trep earlier and started thinking the drop top may be harder to do to her then anything else. It'll be interesting to figure out where the hell the roof can go into the trunk, seeing how I'ma have stuff in the trunk (i.e. speaker box, other stuff) Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to go to the meet. I'll try to make it, but I can't guarentee anything...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts