DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Dodge Intrepid
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first post as I'm new here. I JUST bought a 1997 Dodge Intrepid last week as a "beater" car. But as I'm checking into everything that needs attention, this car is actually in REALLY good shape for its age. The paint is definitely shot, every single panel is faded and/or has the clear coat peeling off. It has oil leaks galore, pretty much every rubber bushing on the car is toast, but it actually runs and drives EXCELLENT. No check engine lights, no hesitating or poor performance. Even the heat and AC work great. The seller bragged about it being a low mile car since the odometer only reads 78k miles. I was skeptical thinking maybe the odometer was replaced at some point or something. But looking at the paperwork, and what all is worn (and what IS NOT worn), I now believe the miles to he accurate. This is actually a one owner car, they bought it in January 1997. The Carfax history seems to line up with the mileage, they didn't put very many miles on it each year. The interior is in IMMACULATE shape except for the headliner and a few minor cigarette burns on the driver's seat. Even the carpet is in excellent shape with no rips/wear holes or stains anywhere. Even the factory spare and Jack are still there.
Seems like this car must have been for an older couple who let it sit out in the weather for all these years and mother nature took a toll on the paint and all the rubber parts and gaskets.
But with the help if all of you guys here and your expert knowledge of these cars, I'm sure you will guide in in the right direction as far as repairs and procuring parts for this old gem.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Car seat cover

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

Automotive tire Wood Door Grey Rim

Grille Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Tire

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Personal luxury car

Speedometer Odometer Gauge Tachometer Motor vehicle

Speedometer Odometer Gauge Tachometer Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Personal luxury car
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Tire
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Car seat cover
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Wood Door Grey Rim
Grille Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey guys, this is my first post as I'm new here. I JUST bought a 1997 Dodge Intrepid last week as a "beater" car. But as I'm checking into everything that needs attention, this car is actually in REALLY good shape for its age. The paint is definitely shot, every single panel is faded and/or has the clear coat peeling off. It has oil leaks galore, pretty much every rubber bushing on the car is toast, but it actually runs and drives EXCELLENT. No check engine lights, no hesitating or poor performance. Even the heat and AC work great. The seller bragged about it being a low mile car since the odometer only reads 78k miles. I was skeptical thinking maybe the odometer was replaced at some point or something. But looking at the paperwork, and what all is worn (and what IS NOT worn), I now believe the miles to he accurate. This is actually a one owner car, they bought it in January 1997. The Carfax history seems to line up with the mileage, they didn't put very many miles on it each year. The interior is in IMMACULATE shape except for the headliner and a few minor cigarette burns on the driver's seat. Even the carpet is in excellent shape with no rips/wear holes or stains anywhere. Even the factory spare and Jack are still there.
Seems like this car must have been for an older couple who let it sit out in the weather for all these years and mother nature took a toll on the paint and all the rubber parts and gaskets.
But with the help if all of you guys here and your expert knowledge of these cars, I'm sure you will guide in in the right direction as far as repairs and procuring parts for this old gem. View attachment 42039
View attachment 42040
View attachment 42037
View attachment 42041
View attachment 42042
View attachment 42038
View attachment 42035
View attachment 42034

View attachment 42033
View attachment 42033 View attachment 42034 View attachment 42035 View attachment 42036 View attachment 42037 View attachment 42038 View attachment 42039 View attachment 42040 View attachment 42041 View attachment 42042
That is one of the cleanest 1st gens I've seen in a while! Love it! Take good care of it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts