DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 1996 LHS yesterday - and from what I can tell, I got a REAL good deal. Several other cars in the same price range were in VERY poor condition compared to this one.

As it sat when I first saw it:

Rained today when I brought it home (left it overnight at sellers house - 2 hours way from my house!), so it's kinda dirty right now. :goomba:

Here she be in my garage, getting the ole' once-over.

Coupla dings... much better condition than my Trep!

Interior shots - I'll hit these up with the Magic Eraser tomorrow.

Notice the steering wheel? Front wheels are straight! :dead:

The drivers door lock/unlock switch is loose and not working all the time... need to replace.

Man you can live in here.

Clearly this has been cleaned recently.

Looks like both top and bottom hoses have been replaced since new. I'm HOPING the TB has been too, but haven't pulled the cover off yet. Note the green gasketing material near the thermostat... new stat at some point, I hope!

·
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First aggravation - the oil filler cap was stripped out - couldn't remove by the regular unscrewing method.

Yep, that's a filler cap.

Hmm... let's pry the cap off of it.

Pops right out

Leaves us with the rest to extract.

No problemo.

Ready to receive the Stant replacement.

·
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I paid $1300 for it... I can't believe the lack of rust. I'll have to snap a foto of the front struts when I pull the wheels tomorrow (brake inspection).

Oh yeah - 132K miles.

BARELY fits in the garage... :rofl:

·
18,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tomorrow the plan is to do inner tie rod bushings, the the passenger outer tie road & sleeve.

We'll see how well I fare. Nebber done did a outer tie rod end before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts