DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this site while searching for parts for my 2000 Intrepid, 2.7L. Water pump went out 2 weeks ago at 140,000 miles and I just started taking it apart to fix . It takes sooo many parts just to put on a water pump (thanks to the brilliant engineers that thought up the design on this engine !) But since you have to tear most of the upper half of engine apart just to replace water pump it gives me the opportunity to change valve stem seals and water outlet thing which needed to be done anyway.

So far very impressed with this site and forums. I found and downloaded the complete service manual and parts list for car = big help and big $ savings. Found lots of good advise and sugestions
Seems to be a lot of people ragging on the 2.7 engine but up until now mine has not had any problems and engine seems to be pretty clean inside. I might not be too happy tomorrow after i price all of the parts that im going to need to put it back together though. Best thing about Intrepid may be this site and all the helpful members!! well I better get back to garage and start cleaning gasket surfaces.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Share the knowledge...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts