DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Intrepid owners. I wanted to say hello and thanks for having an Intrepid forum. I have been perusing the threads and there are a lot of great ideas here. I own a 1st generation 1997 Intrepid w/3.5L. It has been one of the best cars I have ever owned. I will post all the mods and performance information in a future post. Just wanted to say hi and soak up some of the information.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Welcome :)!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Welcome.. Now whats this performance/cosmetic information you have ? Even though I have a 3.3 , Im still interested.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi there,
Welcome to the site and enjoy!! Theres plenty to read about your Intrepid in here!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
welcome to the site, if there is something that we cant help you with, then it must not be about a trep :) the guys here have a knowlwedge base that is incredible. I hope you will have fun here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About the mods and performance info I promised, here is a quick rundown of what has been done so far. Just remember this is a work in progress.
I have port matched the intake manifold to the heads, the exhaust manifolds to the heads and the plenum to the intake manifold. I opened up the intake and exhaust ports for better flow and matched and relieved the TB's. I have removed the air restrictor in the intake tube and installed a K&N filter. Removed the muffler under the seat so there is nothing but pipe between the cat and the resonator. With these mods I average around 23-25 mpg in the city and 32-33 mpg highway. The car is a whole lot quicker(0-60 in 7.5 secs) and the top end is incredible. I am working on a true dual exhaust, 2 1/2" pipe from the exhaust to the tailpipe. Not sure what type of muffler to use. I also have been working on a complete cold air intake from the TB's to the filter. I will keep you posted on how these mods come along. I run Bosch Platinum 2 plugs and have had no trouble at all.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Damn your good at port-matching. If i knew what I was doing, Id probably try it myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts