DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated. Sport model, 3.5L, Autostick, 145K miles. Looks rough, but is actually in really good shape. 1 family owned, well maintained. New brakes, plugs, wires, timing belt, water pump, misc wear and tear items. Pretty good interior. She just don't look as pretty as she used to. I'm getting the idea in my head to raid the junkyard for some goodies, lower it, and go autocrossing. I'm up for a track day wheel/tire swap. I kinda like member crg616's wheels. They'd look good with some sticky rubber. And a big 'ol gumball number on the hood. I've said enough, enjoy, lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple more things I forgot. It gets 23MPG city/highway, It uses 0 oil, it costs me $2.50 to register it for a year, insurance is $16 a month and it was a free car to me. Did I mention it was free? Free.

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
did you go to the one in Lavergne? or on centinal?

i suspect you were trying to get some wheels?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you go to the one in Lavergne? or on centinal?

i suspect you were trying to get some wheels?
Nope. Subframe mount bushings. And I went to the one on Centennial. I didn't know there was one in Lavergne... Hmmmm, looks like I have a new place to go check out.

As far as rough shape.... It's not as bad as it looks, I promise. Everything works to include every light bulb. Very mechanically sound. Yeah, it's got the minor coolant issue and the valve covers leak a little oil, but it's very solid. No rust, minor body damage, but that adds to character. The interior is even in great shape. No rips or tears in the seats or anything. The console has seen better days, but unless you lean on it, you'd never know it was broke. I've always been for the "sleeper" look which is why I want to go the junkyard low buck route. I've thought about tinting the windows since I've got a roll of 15% mirror sitting on the shelf, but I think that kinda goes against the image I'm after. Like I said earlier, wheel swap at the track with some sticky tires, magnetic gumball numbers for doors and hood and rock out.

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
the one in Lavergen is on Dick Buchanan, bout a mile down on the left, been wanting to go out there,, just havent had the time.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
If that's rust on the roof, I'd suggest getting something to cover/stop it.

I've been down the beater / low profile route. A new set of autocross tires tripled the value of the car!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn, paint needs help.

Pop out that dent in the rear bumper, sand it all down, and flat black this bish. Do it. No, seriously, do it.
*sigh* Yeah, I've been thinking about doing that for a while now. I'll just get a new $21 bumper cover from the yard. I would kind of like to fix the doors on the pass side, but they're dinged in really bad spots, making them almost not worth fixing for the trouble. Doors from the yard are like $37 apiece, plus sand paper for the DA, then the wax/grease remover, then the flex agent for the bumper covers, then the other plastic piece that's busted that I need.... It adds up. That's why I haven't done something about it yet. Meh, maybe this summer I'll just start scratching with my long board and rattle can it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ding. Do work, son.

Just get rid of those "sport" steel wheels. lol
Aww, come on man. They're cute. I'll paint 'em pink. Maybe even draw some cute daisys on them or something.

Oh, and one thing I comepletely forgot to mention first. I've owned this car for 3 years now, and it's looked just like this the whole time.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Aww, come on man. They're cute. I'll paint 'em pink. Maybe even draw some cute daisys on them or something.

Oh, and one thing I comepletely forgot to mention first. I've owned this car for 3 years now, and it's looked just like this the whole time.
And it's not rattle can flat black already?

I am dissapoint.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL, yeah. I've been dropping all available fundulation into the damn Caprice. It might be white in color but it's a freaking black hole for money. And it's still a piece of ****. But at least it's fast.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
A couple more things I forgot. It gets 23MPG city/highway, It uses 0 oil, it costs me $2.50 to register it for a year, insurance is $16 a month and it was a free car to me. Did I mention it was free? Free.
a free car is a good car. i think it has alot of potential, some body work and fresh paint alone would do wonders! what do you mean by it uses 0 oil though?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts