DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota News - lots of money: Toyota's NASCAR plans have been a hot topic ever since the Japanese car maker announced that it wanted to join the Truck tour, probably in 2004. Who might get the Truck deal is unclear. But there is a heck of a lot of money involved - $100 million, according to one source. Toyota's Indy-car deals have been high-dollar deals. Cal Wells' Toyota Indy program was reported to be a $25 million package, and Chip Ganassi's Indy program was reported to be a $40 million package. "When the Japanese go racing," Ford's Jack Roush said, "it's like going to war."(Winston Salem Journal)(10-26-2002)
UPDATE: According to industry sources the new kids on the block, Toyota, are trolling the garage looking for help with their start-up NASCAR motor program. What are they using for bait? A $25 million, three-year contract. The plan calls for a Craftsman Truck entry in 2004 and a Cup car ready for the 2005 or ‘06 season.(Ford Racing)(10-27-2002)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I like it best being just Ford, GM and Chrysler.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
viprman said:
I like it best being just Ford, GM and Chrysler.
We have two domesic companies and one import now. Lets even the odds and have 2 domestic and 2 import companies. It will be north america vrs the world.

·
Registered
680 Posts
damn, it'll take just one import company and they'll all follow. ruining the Nascar as we know it today. it this goes through, i can only imagine the new Rice trend in the Toyota Camry's.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
admiral_ju00 said:
damn, it'll take just one import company and they'll all follow. ruining the Nascar as we know it today. it this goes through, i can only imagine the new Rice trend in the Toyota Camry's.
There is already one import company. DC, no turning back now.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jg_24 said:
Not really....The Daimler-Chrysler thing was more of a merger than a buyout...so technically it isnt IMPORT!

Not according to DC management. DC world head quarters are in Germany. Last time I checked a map Germany was not in north america.

·
Registered
25 Posts
adaptabl said:

Not according to DC management. DC world head quarters are in Germany. Last time I checked a map Germany was not in north america.
Yes, because they are majority owner, BUT it is still concidered an AMERICAN car in NASCAR. Dodge was in the plans of making a return way before the merger...like back in 94 and 95.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well DUH! Its been an All-American sport until the Asian market wanted a piece of the American Pie...and if we don't watch out there won't be any American pie left....JUST CRUMBS!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well DUH! Its been an All-American sport until the Asian market wanted a piece of the American Pie...and if we don't watch out there won't be any American pie left....JUST CRUMBS!
I'm still trying to figure out if you're actually FOR anything. All I see are negatives in your posts. :confused:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Actually wouldn't it be good for NASCAR to expand interest by allowing other car manufacturers into the sport?
Absolutely. What a sweet victory it would be if you win knowing that everybody was included in the field. You'd have undisputed bragging rights, and the pressure it would put on the american car companies to remain competitive would only be a good thing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kevin abq said:

I'm still trying to figure out if you're actually FOR anything. All I see are negatives in your posts. :confused:
I AM FOR AMERICA...I AM POSITIVE ABOUT THAT, but what is there to be positive about when OUR economy....like AMERICAN companies are going overseas or that OUR OWN CITIZENS dont support AMERICAN COMPANIES OR PRODUCTS!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I AM FOR AMERICA...I AM POSITIVE ABOUT THAT, but what is there to be positive about when OUR economy....like AMERICAN companies are going overseas or that OUR OWN CITIZENS dont support AMERICAN COMPANIES OR PRODUCTS!
I agree, man. I personally fell that way too. That's why I only buy domestic cars. If I could only buy domestic electronic products, I'd do that too.

But that is ONLY my opinion and it's not right, it's not wrong. It's JUST an opinion and I'm not trying to ram it down everyone's throat to try to convert them. Everyone has their take on the issue and EVERYBODY is right, because it is ONLY an opinion. You may have a lot of good things to contribute here, but it would be a shame if you got "IGNORE-BUTTON'ed" because of flaming or excessive ranting. Just take it down a notch, OK?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know, but when it comes this subject I get disgusted some of their opinions. I know its just OUR OPINIONS, but MAN They have to take a look back and see how bad it really has gotten, and the worse its gonna get.
Take a look at CART and IRL; they have lost ratings since the Late 80's. There are berely any American Makes in those CLUBS, and the same thing will happen to NASCAR when TOYota come in. I just like Nascar way too much for this to happen.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts