DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yuck!! I saw one on the road today and thought it was butt-ass UGLY!!

I know they are supposed to be fast, but man, that car has a face only a mother could love.

What do you guys think?

:D

·
Registered
990 Posts
2 words! my usual line.. JAP CRAP! Anyway.. lol.. they tried to copy of GM with the monte carlo lights in the back.. typical.. I raced one in my trep yesterday.. gee.. who one.. me.. MOPAR RULES LOL! :cool: :D ;) :)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by Paul's 96 'Trep:
2 words! my usual line.. JAP CRAP! Anyway.. lol.. they tried to copy of GM with the monte carlo lights in the back.. typical.. I raced one in my trep yesterday.. gee.. who one.. me.. MOPAR RULES LOL! :cool: :D ;) :)
Obviously you raced one with the 175HP 4 banger. I think if you raced the 240HP 6 cylinder you pry would have gotten walked on

·
Registered
890 Posts
When i was looking on purchasing a new vechile i was looking into that car and i actually had my mind set up on it. i test drove it at least 3 times and its faster than our cars and it would smoke the Rt.

But then i went and drove the WRX. which was even much faster but. the thing is these cars are shity. compared to my intrepids they dont compare to the size you a 5-4 person would be unconftarbale in the back of those cars. and the interior of the altima is so damn cheap its all plastic.

they may be fast and they do look nice but the comfort features are not even there :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
watched a car show today and they reviewed it, they gave it good ratings. But the car really does not appeal to me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think the new Altima looks fairly decent FOR a Nissan! I'm not fond of that new retro-techno look that is going around these days but the new Altima strikes me as a somewhat ok blend. This does not mean I would buy the damned ricer but the 0-60 in 6.3 seconds is
very, I mean VERY good. I would VERY much like my R/T to pull that number out of some magic DC hat! For god's sake that's Porshe
and BMW territory!
What a heck was Chrysler thinking puting a 2.7 liter into the Intrepid. The base engine should be the high output 3.5l and the optional should be a nice 8 cylinder around 300 hp.
I think this configuration would generate same nice sales numbers!
I think...
I know!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by Frank-eGNY:
The base engine should be the high output 3.5l and the optional should be a nice 8 cylinder around 300 hp.
I think this configuration would generate same nice sales numbers!
I think...
I know!!!!!!
And unfortunately would also raise the price of the vehicle and cost of insurance :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Originally posted by Frank-eGNY:
What a heck was Chrysler thinking puting a 2.7 liter into the Intrepid.
everyone always craps on the 2.7 but it's really not that bad an engine. its peak hp is pretty good for as little displacement as it has. its peak torque is barely barely adequate for a car as large as the LH.

on the other hand, i took a trip to dallas in my company's 2.7 01 corde last friday and that damn thing really lacks power across the band. with only 14 fewer peak hp than my car i figured it'd be fairly comparable in the highway-speed romp but it really is no comparison. the 1st gen 3.5 completely outclasses the 2nd gen 3.2 and 2.7 engines in performance across a range of vehicle and engine speeds.

i think chrysler woulda been smart to make a further-detuned 3.5 the base engine and have the HO3.5 in the ES and the souped-up 300hp 3.5SHO with RWD in the R/T and 300M. that would kick some rice ass!

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
My 2.7L seems to be adequate with 200hp. Considering the 4.6 V8 they put in the Crown Vics just finally passed the 200 hp mark. (and that's only in the up-level models) The base V8 (which is still the 4.6) only makes 175 hp. (But for it's defense, it does have 235 ft/lbs of torque going for it vs 190 for the Trep)

The fact that the 2.7 makes 200 horsies with so little displacement and can move around a porker like the Intrepid is a testimony to engineering in my opinion. I'd love to drive one of the 2.7 equipped Stratus' and see how that smaller car takes to that engine! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Originally posted by Paul's 96 'Trep:
2 words! my usual line.. JAP CRAP!
Hopefully you haven't pissed off all the folks in Tennessee that build the Altima... ;)

It's not a bad car. In the right color it's pretty sharp. I could live wihtout the aftermarket-looking tails, but otherwise, it's at least better than the old Altima.

And say what you want, 240HP and a 5-speed is nothing to sneeze at.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I have been looking at the new Altima 3.5 5 speed. Its a sweet power plant. I would die for one in the Intrepid. The cars is fast. Very fast, I bet in would kill my 72 Charger with its 383. The styling is a little weak, but most imports are. I have had Chryslers since my first car(72 Charger(318),82 Charger 2.2,84 Daytona Turbo,85 Lancer Turbo,87 Daytona Shelby,89 Lebaron Convertible(wifes),91 Stealth,96 Voyager(wifes car),98 Intrepid,01 PT cruiser(wifes). Chrysler has alway had the best design. The Build quality and reliability always needed work. I am looking for a new car but Chrysler has nothing I would buy. The Intrepid is the same as my 98,The 300m is also unchanged and needs a replacement. The Sebring Coupe is just bad. My sister has one with the 3.0 5 speed and the thing is not a good sports car,not a good coupe,its a car trying to be many things and doing none well. The Neon is Cheap. If Chrysler would tell me they would do a car like the Charger concept I would wait. The problem is it looks like with the Diamler people in charge DC may of lost its design leadership. Time will tell. I will wait to see whats shows up at the Detroit auto show. If The concepts are as bad as last years(green hornet ride) I will be seeing my local Nissan dealer soon.

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: adaptabl ]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts