DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up fellas/ladies? i just bought a 99 intrepid and i love it, its really nice and its got a lot of nice features, rides perfect, and i had a rebuilt 3.2L engine put in to replace the old 3.2L engine i had.

really what i want to do is customize this thing a little bit.. nothing too crazy, more like some simple but different mods.. i need ideas. for example i read on here that you can swap out the gauge cluster from a 300m? how can i do that? what other cool stuff can i do or switch. i've already added a sound system and alarm, and tints were my next step and eventually rims..

can i buy halogen lights for this car? i dont like the dull yellow look, how can i make that look sharper? and is there any secret little upgrades i can do, like removing restrictors or something? changing out computers?

i appreciate it and i look forward to posting on here

oh yea and how do i add pictures? i'd like to show my car and get some feedback..

·
Registered
366 Posts
Headlamps will look brighter with Sylvania Silverstars or some equivalent. Regarding removing restrictors, our exhaust is actually fairly free flowing for a stock setup, so a cold air intake would probably do you some good. K&N makes one for our car but it's expensive. A member on here by the name of JoeKD makes intakes for our cars and can paint them and they look a lot better and run around $200 I believe. If you have a rebuilt motor then you probably won't need to do a whole lot of cleaning out of the motor with Seafoam or something of the sort. Some people have changed their gears for better high end performance too. Only bummer is that since these aren't really sport cars there are not a whole lot of performance mods like headers or turbos or anything. There is a plethera of mods on here that people have done including a coffee maker and small fridge in a 300M! Look around for some ideas and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
avenger i love the interior of your car.. what do i need to do to get that gauge cluster, and possibly even that chrysler navi system.. is there a way i could get my interior to be wood grain??

·
Registered
6,100 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
^.......well it's true! I'm past 70 mods, jeeze.

The gauge cluster is from a 300M special........the 150MPH US cluster is much easier to find. Toronto Fire Captain normally has some kicking around (where I got mine from). Normally runs a bit more than $200. The nav system is a Mopar RB1, it'll normally run ya about $800 from eBay. Wood grain........dash kit, ebay.....up to $200, but some kits can be found for under $100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts