DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 07 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT on Monday. Traded in my 99 Plymouth Grand Voyager for $800. I wanted a little more for it but took what I could because the left strut housing was rusted, the exhaust was starting to leak (sounded cool though LOL) and I was putting about a quart on oil in it ever 1000 to 1500 miles. suprised that it did not fall apart sooner since it had 167,000 miles on it and never really did a tune up on it i.e plugs, belts or a tranny flush. But I changed oil in it every 3K or so. Could not pass up this deal. New van came with all the bells and whistles. stow and go, captains chairs in the middle, power doors and lift gate, 8 speaker sounds (LOUD), DVD for the kiddies, fog lights that are bright, 3.8L, Homelink with NAV. Under 30,000 miles all for $15,000. Not a bad find if I do say so myself. They even detailed it and filled it up with gas. Only downfall is no sunroof, and I gonna have to get new tires before next winter, these are showing a little weather on them, hopefully a little Armor All will stop them from cracking anymore than they already are. Oh yeah since the wife has one in the oven, this one is safer to drive. Trac control, with airbags all over the place in it, with 4 wheel disc brakes.

On a side note. I noticed that in the some of the other vans that we test drove they have an evic system with roof controls, and was wondering......Do you think that system would be interchangable with my Intrepid? Might be a little big since it comes with a storage compartment for sunglasses and such. But I thought it might look cool up there. What do you guys think? I'd have to do a little measuring to make sure that the storage compartment stops before the sunroof begins.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I think people use EVIC's from Jeeps with no problems, so it shouldnt be hard to use one from a Trep in a Van.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts