DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just inherited parents 95 Intrepid. It only has about 70k miles on it and is mint. Been garaged and I love this car. My problem is the power front seat. It has middle shift console. It will not slide forward or back. All else works. I have been researching this but all threads on it seem kinda old. And I am getting discouraged with all the different answers I am getting from my searches. I am pretty mechanical, but decided to have the shop I trust look at it. He said it's the motor. But everything I see leads me to believe the tracks are a major problem with these. He said it moves when he disconnected motor and hooks a drill up to it to turn gears. But I doubt that was with someone sitting in it. I found where I can get the motor but am reluctant to getting that knowing the history of the track problem. I am finding used bases for the gen 2. I talked to dodge dealership and they said the gen 2 supercedes the gen 1 and will work to interchange. The yard selling the base said it will not work. I need to get this seat working somehow. Any and all advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
756 Posts
pull the seat and test it out yourself. pull the cables and drive them with a drill or by hand.
is the motor free or seized?
4 bolts and a couple wiring plug ins to remove it.
could be the switch is bad.
my 95 trep had good tracks.
my 95 new yorker i replaced the base from a good seat track from my parts 94 trep.
even if the track was bad, you should hear the motor come on and try.
i'll let you work with that first.

·
Premium Member
17,791 Posts
If the dealer says they interchange based on what the Chrysler parts system is telling them, you should be able to trust that. The salvage yard may be relying on what the salvage industry interchange database is telling them. I have found the salvage industry interchanges to not be accurate - they generally err on the side of caution and will not show interchange on parts that absolutely are interchangeable with no issues - they'd rather not make the sale on speculation that it might work than deal with the hassle and reputation hit if they sell you a part that doesn't work. I'd trust the Chrysler parts system over the salvage industry interchange databases.

If someone on here has personal experience on interchangeability, or lack thereof, of 1st and 2nd gen seat bases and posts that information, that would be the most reliable information.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've been having the same problem with the driver's seat in my 94 Concorde for a number of years now. Power seat only moves up or down not forward or back. In my case part of the plastic slider mechanism on the track has broken off. Heard that 2nd gen front seats are 100% interchangeable with 1st gens. Been trying to find a set of 2nd gen Intrepid tan leather seats for my 94 for sometime to replace my factory tan leather seats.

Supposedly there was a recall back in 2000 or so to replace the track if it stopped working. Of course Chrysler no longer carries these parts so dealers are useless.

·
Dain bramaged
7,289 Posts
I have a set of 300m seats in my 1st gen, they bolt right in, the power seat connector will need changed though.

As for the slides, there are little plastic "glides" that break and that leads to metal on metal which is why the slides stop working. I doubt they can be found anywhere anymore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I harvest the PS seat sliders at the pic a part yard when I go. The PS side does not get as much use as the DS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts