DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Courtesy Light/Flashlight Mod

Here is a little mod I did to add some light to the passenger side foot well.

I obtained a domelight/flashlight fixture from a 2010 Dodge Caliber. It came with a 3 wire connector. To make it work properly in the Intrepid I changed the wiring of the fixture. That involved cutting one of the metal traces and adding a wire.

I put some photos in the Intrepid Pictures section showing how it was done.

The photos showing the changes and a schematic diagram of the wiring layout.

The area that shows "cut here" is to isolate the light bulb from the flashlight charging pins. This way the bulb gets power when the courtesy lights are activated and the flashlight get power all the time. Apparently the smart circuit in the flashlight only draws power when needed to charge the batteries in the unit.

There are instructions on line on how to replace the flashlight batteries when they wear out. So if you find a dead one that won't charge the batteries can be replaced simply by prying open the unit.

The Domelight/Flashlights are in a number of Chrysler vehicles including some Jeep models.

It lights up the passenger side pretty good, and the flashlight is nice to have handy.

It was cream colored originally and I had a friend who does interior dye work paint it to match. Then I scraped the paint off the letters to reveal the cream color on the word flashlight. It added a nice touch I think.

Over all I'm pretty happy with the results and the nice finished look it has.

Michael

[/IMG]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply's.

I'm working on a major mod to the car at the moment. However, it won't be ready for prime time until later in the year.

Along with the flashlight mod, I also did the entire body harness from a special, and the front door harness for the special signal mirrors. Had them painted to the car color (steel blue). I really like the look the signal mirrors give the car.

That's pretty neat...

And you should post more. You've been here since 2005 lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts