DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dodgaholic said:
Have you always had the stock, and aftermarket fogs? Never noticed that.

Doug is right, great photo location.

Thanks, the aftermarket lights are fairly new, I love them too! remote switch so I didn't have to run any wires through the firewall plus I can use them for easily locating my car in a parking lot at night!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
nice rev light coverup one question are the letters vynl or paint also i re sprayed the ol spider lookin thin went to the batman side check out my batmobile intrepid myspace.com/fatkidfromdowntheroad i have a cardomain i just dont know how to send a link to it

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Phuckin Phil said:
Yeah he contacted me on myspace. I told him what I thought of it. That trep is completely destroyed.
yeah, i just saw his car on there. man way to make a first gen look like ass. was of a good trep.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great White said:
Alright phil,

I'm gonna have to go find some new backdrops to take car pics now!

IT'S ON NOW MAN!

:frenzy:

Cheers

BJ
Yeah, but It's harder to find good backdrops where I live. I actually have to drive around for a good 45 minutes or so before I find a good place. You are surrounded by beautiful country side. Your driveway leading out to the street has gorgeous backdrop. I had to drive onto a churches lawn to take some grassy pics and I am not proud of it! lol

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Heh, yeah.

About a 500 foot "drop".

The brown stone wall you chose is also a very interesting contrast. A slightly quartering shot would have been even better.

Just a few tips for car pics:

1.Try not to park in front of a tree, pole or any other such object. It makes it look as if the tree, pole , etc is growing out of the car.

2. Contrary to what most people think, don't put the car dead center in the picture. You should offset it in the frame (either bottom, or left, or right) to make it look as if the car is "going somehwere" or has just arrived from a direction. It just tells a better "story" and makes the picture more interesting.

3. Try to select a backdrop that compliments the cars shape. For example:

Would have been a fanastic pic if the bridge supports didn't look as if they are growing out of the car (see what I mean?)

4. Quartering shots are always more interesting and appealing than "head on" front rear or side pics. Remember, these are cars and are meant to be seen as if in motion. Quartering shots enhance this effect. As do having the wheels turned in different directions (you have to experiment with this one).
For example:

Notice how it looks as if she just finished a nice hot run down the road and is now "resting". I can almost hear the metal "pinging" as it cools.

5. There is a "magic time" for pictures in each day. This is about 20-30 mins before sunset. The sun is giving off a warm pleasing light when it's this low in the sky. The light will play over the car and give effects that you will absolutely fantastic. It's when all the advertising agencies take car photo's. It also hides defects and is a major reason why you never shop for cars during this time and always shop at noon (brightest life of the day shows every imperfection). Our stone white cars respond extremely well to this "magic time", reflecting many of the warm hues produced by the sun.

6. Background is important, but any background can be made to look nice, you just have to position the car properly and position your camera at the best angle/position. Sometimes a few inches either way is the difference between a fantastic shot and a botched pic. Experimentation is the word here. Keep moving till you find that perfect angle.

7. Lastly, get a buddy to either take pics in motion or drive the car for you. Action shots are always great. Combine the action shot with the rules above for light, background and positioning, and you'll get that drop dead pic that you'll want to blow up into poster size.
For example:

You can see where the car has come from, where it is going, how the body is leaned over on the suspension, the driver looking through the curve, great pic.
Just make sure you use a fast shutter speed to capture a stable clear picture without blur (if your camera has this adjustment). Most auto camera's will compensate by adjusting shutter speed properly. But if you get blur or motion, you will have to increase your shutter speed. 1/250 will stop all motion dead, but you will have to increase your aperature to compensate for light lost or use a bright flash.

and lastly (my wife would kill me for saying this, she's a professional photographer)

8. Photoshop is your freind. By this, I don't mean putting your car in different places. It's great for wiping out a tree, wire or object where you don't want it. It's also great for fixing a smal paint chip or any other imperfection you don't want or that you missed in your shot.

These simple changes are what makes the difference between a pic that people see and say, "yeah, well, it's a car, so what" and "that's a great picture, I'd love to have a car like that".

Now, go get some great pics!

Cheers

BJ

1 - 20 of 29 Posts