DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that the Illinois State Police are getting sneekier in the fact that they are using a mini van. I saw this white mini van with State Police plates and all the lights flashing inside of the tinted windows.

The Trooper had pulled over a semi.

On a previous date he had pulled over someone speeding in the construction zone near U.S Cellular Field (previosly named: Comiskey)

Just wanted to know if there are any other "undercover" police cars in Illinois.

I just remembered, about a year ago I also saw a late 80's early 90's Ford Mustang with primer paint on it, State Trooper pulling over a speeder.

Has anyone seen the Mustang again?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Officervilla im assumming your not a police officer in lake villa and or villa park if your asking about other UC cars that state would have since it would not matter due to professional courtesy that would be given if you were pulled over? But any how hes a list sorry i can not list colors or plate that are on them nor some of the odd things that make them stand out.

Heres the following UC cars for the state and cook county

Mustang = newer
camaro = older the one with the the square headlight
corvet = newer
taho = newer
grand prix gtp = early 2000's era
Firebird = newer

do a little search on the wolf pack as they call them when you see one theres more around as they have set days on set highways and areaswith exception the the northern end of ill. 294 near gurnee and 41 near highland

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not an Officer in Villa Park or Lake Villa. I'm actually in Chicago, it's just some troopers don't really care around here. As for professional courtesy goes if they out rank you then it's up to them and also if the law enforcement officer is alone or with a partner. If I have someone flash me a badge I ask to see the department ID. I know another officer that has never carried his badge off duty and still gets a courtesy, all he shows is his department ID.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have seen cops in all different cars and also trucks. This one cop had tints and also he had that aluminium box on his trunk bed. I could never tell that he was cop. Poor Mustang Owner could not tell that he was a cop either.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Kumiyar those officers you speak of are in fact not working for the police department they are actually working the idot detail which they are provided different vehicles from idot outfitted with lights and all they do is speeders in the construction zones.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
When I was in the Navy I was stationed in Great Lakes (North Chicago), I was going up to Milwaukee and I got pulled over by a Wisconsin State Patrol driving a old beat up car. he told me that the police in Wisconsin could use any impounded vehicle for police purposes, he told me they had a Rolls Royce the month before. Wouldn't that be a trip to be pulled over by a Rolls.

Charles

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
MathWiz said:
When I was in the Navy I was stationed in Great Lakes (North Chicago), I was going up to Milwaukee and I got pulled over by a Wisconsin State Patrol driving a old beat up car. he told me that the police in Wisconsin could use any impounded vehicle for police purposes, he told me they had a Rolls Royce the month before. Wouldn't that be a trip to be pulled over by a Rolls.

Charles
great mistakes? lol i remember being stationed there, that place was PITA with all the BS going on there

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
In states that apply 800Mhz trunked systems antennas will or can be hidden because UHF Hi or 8 or 900 Mhz do not require a large antenna so the only way to ident a cop car is to have a scanner with signal stalker or something like that or know what kinda cars government agencies buy in bulk(this is not a gauranteed option) scanners with some sort of signal stalker(Radioshack) or whatever Uniden offers will help but not always. Radar detectors are almost useless because of new technology, by the time you see your radar detector or lasar, laser, lidar, or whateer goes off it is too late. Your best bet is still a scanner with signal stalker to detect low band, VHF, UHF, and UHF Hi trunked systems within 2 mile radius of your location.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wb6vpm said:
great mistakes? lol i remember being stationed there, that place was PITA with all the BS going on there
I only have til june them I'll be shipped to Texas.

Has anyone been stationed in in a naval base in Texas?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Last week I was quite suprised - saw a cop car here in Ottawa. It was either a Charger or a 300. Didn't have time to look good as I went by it quick, but it for sure was one of those cars.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
i know st. louis county police ordered a bunch of hemi chargers (good thing i hang out in the city and not the county)

we have vettes and whatnot, but they are all impounded drug cars that are made into DARE cars.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
One of the cities around the middle of michigan has a 1970 Corvette Dare car. I have also seen a C5 Corvette, Jag XK8, and two new Camaros on I96 between Grand Rapids and Lansing. They are kind of easy to pick out since they all have those super thin lightbars that look like luggage racks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts