DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a new site, and I'm trying to get some ideas. It's going to be a forum signature host, as well as a sig creator. The idea is for people who have no photoshop experience to be able to choose from designs, and build a cool signature. My idea is to build cool flash ones, with things like photo rotators, etc. I'm working on a beta right now, and I'm trying to get opinions, and ideas. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
So you would host people's sigs on your website/website space? What about bandwidth issues? How do you keep track of how often someone's sig is accessed and how much bandwidth they are chewing up?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll set it up where people create logins, much like a forum. As far as bandwidth, I'm not too concerned, I get like 25GB/mo on my host.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ward said:
I'm planning a new site, and I'm trying to get some ideas. It's going to be a forum signature host, as well as a sig creator. The idea is for people who have no photoshop experience to be able to choose from designs, and build a cool signature. My idea is to build cool flash ones, with things like photo rotators, etc. I'm working on a beta right now, and I'm trying to get opinions, and ideas. What do you guys think?
Are you doing this as a way to make money? Because if it is, you may want to go back to the drawing board. Not to be mean, but I think the market is a little bit saturated with signature creators. Unless you can do what you do WAY better than what others are offering I think that any time and effort you put into this could be wasted. The idea of the user being able to choose from designs does sound interesting, but I am curious how many people would end up with similar sigs...which in my opinion defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yeah. I'm with ricedout unfortunately. It's a pretty lucrative business if you are planning on making any sort of profit. IF you get big, even putting it out for free will cost you in the long run and you will end up HAVING to sell just to pay for the bandwith or run a bunch of ads.

Anyway, good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts