DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Make it easy on yourself. Go down to your local Best Buy, Circuit City or mobile audio store and buy a wire harness. No splicing required...just some soldering, crimping or taping, whatever is your method of installation.

You'll only be out about $10 and you'll save yourself some swearing and head scratching. :)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I would get the harness too. If you really wanna save some time, have Best Buy do it for you. They only charged me around $30 and when i looked at it, they did a really good job. It's tough because there are 5 speakers driven off the front 2 outs. I wouldn't have known how to wire 5 into 2, so glad i had them do it. Are you getting the DIN and a half model? I think those look the best in our cars. That and i have spent countless hours trying to figure out those install kits.
JT

·
Registered
533 Posts
Man, I put a Pioneer normal din in my car in my car with a wiring harness and dash kit. I did it in under 20 minutes. Pretty simple, but then I have been doing that for a few years and had the harness and dash kit all set to go before I started. Then when I took it back out (long story) had the factory back in in less than 5.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
the wiring kit SHOULD come with a wiring diagram

1 - 6 of 6 Posts