DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
built a new computer last weekend. here's the skinny:

Abit KR7A-133 MB
Athlon XP1800+ CPU
256MB crucial PC2100
Antec server case
Thermaltake Volcano 9
ATI all in wonder RADEON w/TV
Pioneer slot load DVD/CD 40x
Plextor burner (held over from old comp) 8x4x32
40GB maxtor 7200 primary
60GB WS 7200 storage
Santa Cruz Turtle Beach driving logitech z-560 4.1

computer that will run some new games....priceless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,083 Posts
I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 8200:

Pentium 4 Mobile 1.7 GHZ
15" delll® UltraSharp Monitor
512MB, DDR, 2DIMM
40GB Ultra ATA 5400 RPM Performance Hard Drive
64MB DDR 4XAGP NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go™ 3D Video
8X Max DVD Drive
24X CD-RW with Roxio's Easy CD Creator®
4 Year Limited Warranty plus 4 Year At-Home Service and CompleteCare
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional

Still waiting for mine to arrive though! :(
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
97 sport platinum said:
built a new computer last weekend. here's the skinny:

Abit KR7A-133 MB
Athlon XP1800+ CPU
256MB crucial PC2100
Antec server case
Thermaltake Volcano 9
ATI all in wonder RADEON w/TV
Pioneer slot load DVD/CD 40x
Plextor burner (held over from old comp) 8x4x32
40GB maxtor 7200 primary
60GB WS 7200 storage
Santa Cruz Turtle Beach driving logitech z-560 4.1

computer that will run some new games....priceless.
Sweet! How much did all this set you back and where did you buy the parts from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
whole thing ran about $700, excluding the speakers, the 60GB HD and the burner, which were leftover. i also got the video card from a friend for $50, so that helped a lot. got the parts from all over...i could dig up the invoices if you want them. email me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
That's a sweet sound setup you got there. Santa Cruz + Logitechs 4.1 = awesome sound.

One things though, you might want to get a better video card if your a hardcore gamer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah, i don't game a lot. plus i liked the price. TV tuner kicks ass! would like a radeon 9700 (i'm officially off nVidia after having this card) but don't have $400 to spend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
97 sport platinum said:
built a new computer last weekend. here's the skinny:

Abit KR7A-133 MB
Athlon XP1800+ CPU
256MB crucial PC2100
Antec server case
Thermaltake Volcano 9
ATI all in wonder RADEON w/TV
Pioneer slot load DVD/CD 40x
Plextor burner (held over from old comp) 8x4x32
40GB maxtor 7200 primary
60GB WS 7200 storage
Santa Cruz Turtle Beach driving logitech z-560 4.1

computer that will run some new games....priceless.
I have a very similar setup I just built.

Abit KG7
Athlon XP1800+
512 PC2100
Same case in black
Thermaltake Volcano 6(I think. Maybe 5. don't remember)
ATI Evil Wizard dual display card (64mb)
2 Lite-on 40x12x48
80 gb IBM deskstar
SB Audigy Platinum
Case has custom window with blue cold cathode and 6 case fans

Good choice! Very nice setup for you and me :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hehe my comp is slower and so is my silver intrepid. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,427 Posts
P4 1.6AG @ 2.4Ghz (really!)
Volcano 7 (copper stuffs)
Gigabyte 8iexp mboard
768 meg ddr memory,
Raedon 8500 64 meg ddr,
SBLive Value
Klipsch 4.1
Plextor 12/10/32A
Pioneer DVD slot drive
Kenwood TrueX 72x
20 gig ATA 33, 30 gig ATA 100 7200rpms, both of em
19" viewsonic P95f+.
no, I didn't spend on it all at once... the HD's are from 2 years past, and everything else falls into place in-between.. (just got the new mobo last week...)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
my new one

-AMD Athlon 1900+
-Dragon orb cooler (7000 RPM)
-MSI KT3-ARU board (w/RAID)
-768 PC2700 DDR Mushkin ram (3 x 256MB)
-40GB Maxtor ata-133 drive 7200RPM
-16X DVD
-Buslink 32X12x48 CD-r
-Thermaltake case w/420W PS (aluminum, 5 case fans)
-Gainward GE4 ti-4200 128MB golden sample VIVO vid card
-SB live sound
-Cambridge soundworks 4.1 surround speaker
-21" Sylvania monitor
and an intellimouse in a pear tree......

I built this one for gaming, I have two servers in my house so storage space is never an issue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i like lafrad's system. i like joe's too. but i'll bet me and dwp spent a lot less money that both of you. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
Id be willing to bet it would be close though

I found some real good deals when building this one, especially the RAM, I picked those up for $62 a stick shipped price

my only big ticket item was the video card....but I had to have it, I overclocked it the third day it was installed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
joekd said:
Id be willing to bet it would be close though

I found some real good deals when building this one, especially the RAM, I picked those up for $62 a stick shipped price

my only big ticket item was the video card....but I had to have it, I overclocked it the third day it was installed

I found my 512 stick for $110 shipped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,427 Posts
wow.. good deals on that stuff. HOLEY COW DID RAM PRICES JUMP in the last week. wow. I got my 512 meg stick of PC400 generic (only runs up to 390 mhz.. go fig... don't matter, CPU aint stable that high anyway) for under $100.. and I also got my 8500 for under $100 also :p. Mboard was 120.. proc was 140 back in the day (last winter)...... can't remember the rest... 19" viewsonic was $400? (owie)
that 21" musta got ya big time.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Lafrad said:
wow.. good deals on that stuff. HOLEY COW DID RAM PRICES JUMP in the last week. wow. I got my 512 meg stick of PC400 generic (only runs up to 390 mhz.. go fig... don't matter, CPU aint stable that high anyway) for under $100.. and I also got my 8500 for under $100 also :p. Mboard was 120.. proc was 140 back in the day (last winter)...... can't remember the rest... 19" viewsonic was $400? (owie)
that 21" musta got ya big time.....
I got my MB and Proc for $90 each. Case $130, mem $110, Vid card $80, sound setup $200, HD $80, 2 burners $56 each. Carry over on NIC, modem (which if someone wants to buy...v.92 Creative). Window and cold cathode $30.

For a total of...$1000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
IceShaver511 said:
I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 8200:

Still waiting for mine to arrive though! :(
Since my 2nd Dell purchase, I'm reluctant in buying another PC from Dell again. Other than some minor issues, what ticked me off was customer support told me that my hardware warrenty would be voided if I replace or add another OS (e.g.: dual-boot). :rolleyes:

Perhaps not the best analogy, but it's like saying DC would void your car warrenty if you decide to use sythetic oil or add a trailer hitch.

Anyways, enjoy your new PC!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top