DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I knew I couldn't take it, so I staged up, he started staging, creeping up to light... Light turned green and I nailed it just to shred tire, He launches and goes off like a bat outta hell. I drove away normally. A few yards down the road, I see the SHO sittin on the shoulder with a State Trooper handing him a present!

You gotta laugh, just thankful it wasn't me! :p

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
holy ****, thats funny.. well not really, its never funny when someone gets pulled over because I know Ive done some stupid things in my day.

·
Registered
560 Posts
no...its always funny when someone gets pulled over!!! ESPECIALLY if they tried to race you and won....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I know I know, but you just can't help but laugh when you pull off a stunt like that and someone falls for it "Hook, Line, and Sinker!" After the fact I felt guilty, but only for a moment. He was the guy who took off like mad, I just broke traction and backed off.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
The newest SHOs were made with 32 valve V8s but stupid Ford only offered them with a 4-speed auto tranny. Those SHOs were SLOW.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
They were 3.9L V8's to be exact. Yamaha built, like every other SHO engine, and 3.0L Vulcun actually.

The only SHO's a 3.5L LH car has to worry about are the manual transmission ones, the auto's suck so much out of the car it makes it a driver's race between us and them.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Does Ford have a problem with making ineffcient, heavy, engines for their sedans, even 3.8 Stangs are inferior to our 3.5L LH cars. I'd still be intimidated of racing a V8 SHO Taurus though.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
If you have a healthy 3.5L, don't be too scared. I don't care what anyone says, our cars can run with the V8 SHO's.

The V6 Mustangs are weak...190hp in thier current iteration. Basically they are women and rental cars.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beaten down many a V6 stang, repeatedly. I think the SHO I teased was a stick, that's why I didn't go for all of it. I just wanted to make him sweat. Heard his yamy revin up and down, like balancing it against a clutch. Coulda just been a typical ford **** bag though..... ;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
ive driven my aunt's '00 mustang...its VERY gutless...normal shift into 2nd gear at 15 mph, i floored it, it wouldnt downshift!!! quite slow... i wouldnt want to rely on this motor/tranny to get me out of a jam!

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Must have been a V6. :)

I test drove a Cobra a few weeks ago, slammed the gas from about 15mph in first, and the ass end of the car wanted to be in front. Took me for a hell of a surprise. :)

But it was very fun.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cobra's are a completely different animal, even I hold a bit of respect for those cars!

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Back in the late 80's I had my Opel 1900 with my 2 nephews 10-12 and pulled up to a red light. Next to us were some young boys in a juiced Nova, either a 350 or 396. My Opel's exhause wasn't connected (no reasonator) so it was LOUD just sitting at the light. Well, the boys' start revvin & popping the clutch a little, they want to go. I happened to notice a bit up the road was a cop doing radar (30 mh road,too). So I figure what the hell, why would these guys want to race a 75 hp Opel? So I start revvin' the Opel, rolling the clutch, the light changes, the Nova drops serious tire smoke,takes off like a bat out of hell while I took off like an old man; don't think I hit 30 by the time we rode by the cop and the Nova, poor guy, he got a ticket. Laughed my ass off. Still do. So do my nephews.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
jesus. a nova with a 350? isn't that like, illegal?

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Hell Nova's used to come with 396's in SS trim, although the 350SS was quicker.

Roush Stage III is one sweet Mustang.. As are the Saleen products. There are a few other factory warrantied tuners out there, but they slip the mind.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Originally posted by LHSer:
If you have a healthy 3.5L, don't be too scared. I don't care what anyone says, our cars can run with the V8 SHO's...
Well, I'm pretty sure my 3.5 is healthy... I was SB on the NJ turnpike a few weeks ago behind a 1st gen SHO. We were about 95-100 and the road cleared. Black smoke poured out of his tailpipe, so I punched it. I never caught him, but he didn't pull away either. We ran into traffic and had to shut down around 120. I guess it was 120. My speedo doesn't go any higher... :mad: Hey otto, any word on getting those police editions for us? ;)

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Lafrad, LHSer is correct. You could get 396's in them. I thought you could get a 427 on special order, too. Anyway, those boys sure had a fast Nova !!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The 350 Nova was a definate sleeper. One of the first cars I drove when I got my license. Not only could they get off the line, but they handled pretty well as well. The only "down side" to them was that they were small (besides the name meaning "no go" in Spanish).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts