DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to make a long story short, car was making noises when driving. Ended up replacing 4 struts, two lower control arms, sway bar bushings, front brakes, a passenger side wheel bearing and 4 new tires. Well i decided that if i was spending all this money and buying new tires, i might as well put on soem new wheels. So i picked up some 18 chromies. i swear 18's look soo much smaller on this car than my other car.

Also did a lil picture taking with my other toy and i love this shot so i figured i'd post it too

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
yes they do look smaller but damn i love the wheels what size are the tires?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fearless 2000 said:
Are you selling your stock wheels bro?
probably not, gotta keep them for rolling around in the winter. The intrepid is my daily driver.

And the pic was on top of a parking garage somewhere near glenview.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
spydermanES said:
probably not, gotta keep them for rolling around in the winter. The intrepid is my daily driver.

And the pic was on top of a parking garage somewhere near glenview.
Oh ok bro. I am looking for a set of those wheels but can't find them anywhere.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It has to do with the sidewall height, When I put 18" on my wife's Sebring convertible, I took the stock 16" from the Sebring and put them on my daughter's Neon with 40 series tires, those 16s looked huge on her car.

Charles

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Never been a fan of the 6, 7, 8, etc multispoke wheels, but they look okay. That shot with the fog lights on makes it looks like your wheels need to be about an inch wider to fill the wheel wells out properly.

Next step - put some chapstick on those new tires!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sneke_eyez said:
what kind of wheels are they?
regardless, they look sweet on your ES dude!

good stuff!
they are called street rebel, they are made by a company called kmc. Unfortunately they stopped making them awhile ago.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
04IntrepidSXT said:
Never been a fan of the 6, 7, 8, etc multispoke wheels, but they look okay. That shot with the fog lights on makes it looks like your wheels need to be about an inch wider to fill the wheel wells out properly.

Next step - put some chapstick on those new tires!!!
they aren't what i woulda picked if i was looking for new wheels, but i gotta good deal on them from a friend. And they are plenty wide, its just the way the pic makes them look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts