DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

New Sig for the 93' Eagle ESi

37K views 143 replies 27 participants last post by  D725U 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

1993 Eagle Vision ESi "The Eagle Interceptor"

Built August 0f 1992

Specs.
-3.3 liter 201 C.I.D OHV V6
-Stone White Exterior with 00 300M Black Leather Buckets Seats, 94 Corde Leather Rear Seats
-LHS Leather Shifter with Blue LED Light
-Wood Grain Trimming From 93 Concorde
-OTIS & Auto Dim Mirror
-MB MotorRing Chrome Rims (Free)
-Eagle Response Edge 225/60/R16 Performance Touring Tires
-4 Wheel R1 Concept Cross Drilled and Slotted ABS Disc Brakes
-4 Pass Auxiliary Transmission Cooler
-K&N Air Filter
-K&N HP2004 Oil Filter
-Mobil Clean 7500 10w-30 Oil
-Custom Air Intake Using Modified Stock Air Box.
-HighFlow Muffler Cat Back Exhaust
-NGK GR45GP Spark Plugs
-Borg Warner Wires
-SilverStar Ultra Headlights
-Sylvia Corner Blue Bulbs
-Red Top Optmia Battery
-LHS Gauge Cluster with swapped Odometer
-A Chewievette Proven Mod, 58 mm Throttle Body -Stock is 52mm
-TSi Factory Foglights
-Cobra Cb Radio & Whip Antenna
-BearCat Trunk Tracker Scanner & Whip Antenna
-Custom "Polyurethane" Rear Sway Bar End Link O Bushings
-Polyurethane Front and Rear Sway Bar Bushings (Big thanks to Johnny @ www.*****************)
-7 LED Third Brake Light
-Concord LXi Rear Shelf with Painted Black Speaker Grills.
-Throttlebody Intake air charge Temp Sensor and Display.
-Special Polyurethane Cradle bushings. (Lower Half's are more stiffer for increased performance) Thanks again to Johnny @ *****************
-1.8 Inch Drop By Intrax Lowering Springs (Thanks Gaze)
-Rear Sway bar link Stop Ends. (prevents the Rear sway bar link bushings from popping off under heavy cornering)
-AutoStick Setup (Thanks Dave )
- 95 Upper and Lower Custom Ported Intakes
- 95 PCM

Repairs Done
-Radiator & Water Pump
-Intake Gaskets
-Valve Cover Gaskets
-Thermostat & Gasket
-2 Front KYB GR-2 Struts w/ Strut Mounts and Bearings
-2 Rear KYB Struts
-Front Crank Seal
-Steering Rack & accompanying Bushings
-Outer Tie Rods
-Inner Tire Rod Bushings
-All Four Sway Bar Links
-Cooling Fan Assembly
-Oil Pan Gasket
-ATF+ 4 Fluid Exchange
-Upper Intake and Throttle Body Cleaned
-PCV Valve & Hoses
-Goodyear GatorBack Belt
-Driver Side Window Regulator
-Passenger Side Cv axle Replaced
-Cat. Converter replaced
-Fuel Filter
-Heater and Evap Core replaced
-Complete A/c Overhaul
-And Regular Oil and Brake Maintenance.
-@ 183k miles, Swapped in 77k 01 Dodge Intrepid Transmission.

Planned Stuff
- 94+ Injectors, (94+ saw a 12 HP increase in the 3.3)
- Street Shelby Can Am 3.3 (LH block with Shelby Can Am rotating assembly and heads)
- Heated and Memory Seats
-2G Front Braking System

The Following Pictures are roughly in Chronologic Order-

Outside-

Inside-

3.3 V6

Various Work, Modifacation Photos-

Eagle Autocross

Do not mind the comments- Idiots behind Camera

Eagle at Various Meets!
First Daytona Meet 2006(?)

Jacksonville 2007(?)

Tampa 2008

Orlando 2009

Atlanta 2010

Second (Hosted) Daytona Meet 2010

Eagle At Various Places!

Daytona Speed Way

West Va

Links to Threads of Eagle's Interest

Cradle Videos-Camera Strapped to the Cradle!
YouTube- Eagle Cradle Cam Mount
YouTube- Eagle Cradle Cam Mount 2

Lowering!
http://www.********.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11444

Project Ram Air!
http://www.********.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10541

Valve Cover Gaskets
http://www.********.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13797

Suspension Talk
http://www.********.net/forums/showthread.php?t=164

3.3 Club
http://www.********.net/forums/showthread.php?t=327

Shelby Can Am 3.3
http://www.********.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1600

See less See more
#6 ·
wow! the car is in amazing shape for 18 years old. the engine bay of the car looks like it just came out of the factory. nice ride. by the way, how many sets of wheels do you have for it? i thought i noticed at least 3 different sets.

#8 ·
Eagle has seen ALOT with me.

She was really nasty back in the day....

But The original ESi rims are GONE I hated them. I got the chrome rims for free. And once the chrome started fading, I painted them.

Been a good car. The previous owner is amazed at it. And I haven't even shown him the Can Am parts yet.

#13 ·
I actually do not like the LHS seats for the front. Way to large and cushy for my sporty taste.

The rears I wouldn't mind though.

The Eagle performed excellent today during autocross. I could have gotten more time out of her but had only four runs to work with.

#15 ·
I have my Stock gear in my car.

On the course, the fastest time was 41 seconds that a guy is a really prepped little f1 type car did.

Mostly Stock miatas were doing 55+ secs.

My times were 63 seconds plus 1 sec for cone hit.

61.x
and final was 57.9

As you can see I progressed and got more comfortable throwing the car more into it. Only a few times did I get close to the cars threshold. Next time I may go all out and see if I can get into the 55 range.

I believe right now, My tires are a huge limiting factor. I was undoubtedly the largest car there, and had the tallest series tires. (225/60/16).

But I believe I performed beyond what ppl may have thought.

I did not get any really great pictures of Videos. but will post in other section when they finsih uploading

#18 ·
Tomorrow,

The Eagle turns 18 years old!

I am thinking about taking care of a list of items,

Oil Change,
Inner tie rod bushings- (I dont need them but I want news ones for the AutoX)
Free up two frozen alignment adjusters (Thanks West Va for the snow and salt!)
Alignment,
Some wiring,
New home for Police Scanner.
Put some thread tape on the trans cooler lines (seeping at the connection into trans since install)
Overall check,

And some cleaning.

I am also planning on attending for a second time the Auto Cross at deland Airport and running the Eagle. One of these days some Treps may man up and join.

#22 ·
So, New inner tie rod bushings, driver side tie rod, alignment, oil change, un froze two adjustments some odds and ends all done. And All done by myself only. I believe I am one of the few who do their own alignments, and believe me, you guys don't wanna do em. Specially on a lowered LH.

I also kinda re tuned my amps, sounds a bit better. I am not a huge Bass guy I only have one 12 inch, So you hear it but its not loud. The stereo is gettign old though, most of the it is well over 3 years old.

I still need to find new home for Police scanner. And reinstall my 93 PCM. I currently have a 95 PCM in it. I ve discovered that there isn't much differences in engine tuning over the years between them as my MPG or noticeable power hasn't changed.

What I have noticed is the shifting. This is with floored throttle- With the 93 PCM paired with the A/s TCM, I would shift at 5300 rpms in "D" and in autostick mode, I would actually go near 5600 RPMS before shifting. Thats nearly 300 extra rpms. But with the 95 PCM, in "D" it woudl shift aroudn 4500 rpms and only 5300-5400 rpms in A/s.

#25 ·
What flavor of ECM is it? Is it for a base model, a sport model, and ESi, an unlimited speedo?

I've got the '97 TCM and a '93 3.5 ECM - when I get back up and running, I'll let you know where my shift points are...

Does your car NOT start if you try to crank the engine over with the pedal floored?

#26 ·
The 93 is just an ESi model. Although the Car is kinda weird. It had build codes no one else has had and it is a very very early production date.

The 95 PCM I am unsure, I do knwo both are 3.3 PCM,

I honestly have never tried the starting with pedal floored. Being there are differences in the 3.5 PCM and 3.3 PCM I am unsure if this thign will happen with the 3.5.

I have yet to do this project today. I got distracted going to the junkyard and ended up getting the 2000 BCM required to run my heated and memory seats.

#28 ·
The 300m Heated Seats project has stalled. mostly cause trying to figure this stuff out in 90+ degree weather is not the greatest.

I am still enjoying the Police Undercover look. There is a huge difference in the way people drive around me. Alot less stupidity which I enjoy. I believe I may keep this theme for a long time. And it does look good too so hey. Why Not. (And I do work for my Local PD as a SEO.

But, Once again the Eagle is going AutoCorssing. Going to be tearing up some asphalt come tomorrow.

#29 ·
I ve still yet to change the PCM out. May do that tomorrow.

I Purchased some New bushings for the Front tension Strut rod. Mien are old and kinda squishy.

Next Autocross is Sept 25-26. Not sure if I will run. I am now wanting to upgrade the front brakes to 2nd gen. Doing some research on it as we speak.

So, in short, 18 years old, 184K miles, the car autocrosses, gets me to where I am going, and great for long trips, and out of the cars here at home, is the biggest, and most comfortableness to ride in.

I guess not bad huh?

#30 ·
The Downfall of of one of Di.net Most legendary 1Gs will help place the Eagle, at the top of the Handling Chain. I honestly believe with this One of a Kinda part (no other first gen or LH has one of these at ALL) and some proper 18in Rims and tires, The only thing 300M special will have on my is power.

This will be the second time, the parts of another car will live on in mine. Both having handling attributes. Next week will be the unveiling.

#31 ·
which 1G are we talking about here?

#32 ·
Well, The Sway bar is here! A 1 inch (little over 2mm bigger than special rear sway bar) Rear aftermarket (only one ever made I believe) arrived yesterday.

This use to belong on ACR's Corde. I do not the exact details of its demise but I am glad I can get this part.

That end link you see sitting on the bed is nearly the same size of the Stock rear sway bar.

#33 ·
Today after I work a few hours at work, I will be attmetping to install the rear bar, along with the new bushings Johnny made for me. Since this requires the tank being drop along with the rear cross member I will also be aligning the car too. (the one thing I hate doing to my car)

I will take some pictures and give a full write up! Afterwards, I am going to go see the New Tron!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.