DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So, New inner tie rod bushings, driver side tie rod, alignment, oil change, un froze two adjustments some odds and ends all done. And All done by myself only. I believe I am one of the few who do their own alignments, and believe me, you guys don't wanna do em. Specially on a lowered LH.

I also kinda re tuned my amps, sounds a bit better. I am not a huge Bass guy I only have one 12 inch, So you hear it but its not loud. The stereo is gettign old though, most of the it is well over 3 years old.

I still need to find new home for Police scanner. And reinstall my 93 PCM. I currently have a 95 PCM in it. I ve discovered that there isn't much differences in engine tuning over the years between them as my MPG or noticeable power hasn't changed.

What I have noticed is the shifting. This is with floored throttle- With the 93 PCM paired with the A/s TCM, I would shift at 5300 rpms in "D" and in autostick mode, I would actually go near 5600 RPMS before shifting. Thats nearly 300 extra rpms. But with the 95 PCM, in "D" it woudl shift aroudn 4500 rpms and only 5300-5400 rpms in A/s.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
So, New inner tie rod bushings, driver side tie rod, alignment, oil change, un froze two adjustments some odds and ends all done. And All done by myself only. I believe I am one of the few who do their own alignments, and believe me, you guys don't wanna do em. Specially on a lowered LH.

I also kinda re tuned my amps, sounds a bit better. I am not a huge Bass guy I only have one 12 inch, So you hear it but its not loud. The stereo is gettign old though, most of the it is well over 3 years old.

I still need to find new home for Police scanner. And reinstall my 93 PCM. I currently have a 95 PCM in it. I ve discovered that there isn't much differences in engine tuning over the years between them as my MPG or noticeable power hasn't changed.

What I have noticed is the shifting. This is with floored throttle- With the 93 PCM paired with the A/s TCM, I would shift at 5300 rpms in "D" and in autostick mode, I would actually go near 5600 RPMS before shifting. Thats nearly 300 extra rpms. But with the 95 PCM, in "D" it woudl shift aroudn 4500 rpms and only 5300-5400 rpms in A/s.
good discovery !
do you think thats just the 3.3, or the 3.5?

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
good discovery !
do you think thats just the 3.3, or the 3.5?
Well, I think really, its the Early 93 PCM interacting with the 96-97 TCM.

Apparently it has to be programming. I used ot have videos I swear, but Can not find them. I may do vid tomorrow for proof.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
What flavor of ECM is it? Is it for a base model, a sport model, and ESi, an unlimited speedo?

I've got the '97 TCM and a '93 3.5 ECM - when I get back up and running, I'll let you know where my shift points are...

Does your car NOT start if you try to crank the engine over with the pedal floored?

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What flavor of ECM is it? Is it for a base model, a sport model, and ESi, an unlimited speedo?

I've got the '97 TCM and a '93 3.5 ECM - when I get back up and running, I'll let you know where my shift points are...

Does your car NOT start if you try to crank the engine over with the pedal floored?
The 93 is just an ESi model. Although the Car is kinda weird. It had build codes no one else has had and it is a very very early production date.

The 95 PCM I am unsure, I do knwo both are 3.3 PCM,

I honestly have never tried the starting with pedal floored. Being there are differences in the 3.5 PCM and 3.3 PCM I am unsure if this thign will happen with the 3.5.

I have yet to do this project today. I got distracted going to the junkyard and ended up getting the 2000 BCM required to run my heated and memory seats.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The 300m Heated Seats project has stalled. mostly cause trying to figure this stuff out in 90+ degree weather is not the greatest.

I am still enjoying the Police Undercover look. There is a huge difference in the way people drive around me. Alot less stupidity which I enjoy. I believe I may keep this theme for a long time. And it does look good too so hey. Why Not. (And I do work for my Local PD as a SEO.

But, Once again the Eagle is going AutoCorssing. Going to be tearing up some asphalt come tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I ve still yet to change the PCM out. May do that tomorrow.

I Purchased some New bushings for the Front tension Strut rod. Mien are old and kinda squishy.

Next Autocross is Sept 25-26. Not sure if I will run. I am now wanting to upgrade the front brakes to 2nd gen. Doing some research on it as we speak.

So, in short, 18 years old, 184K miles, the car autocrosses, gets me to where I am going, and great for long trips, and out of the cars here at home, is the biggest, and most comfortableness to ride in.

I guess not bad huh?

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The Downfall of of one of Di.net Most legendary 1Gs will help place the Eagle, at the top of the Handling Chain. I honestly believe with this One of a Kinda part (no other first gen or LH has one of these at ALL) and some proper 18in Rims and tires, The only thing 300M special will have on my is power.

This will be the second time, the parts of another car will live on in mine. Both having handling attributes. Next week will be the unveiling.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
which 1G are we talking about here?

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well, The Sway bar is here! A 1 inch (little over 2mm bigger than special rear sway bar) Rear aftermarket (only one ever made I believe) arrived yesterday.

This use to belong on ACR's Corde. I do not the exact details of its demise but I am glad I can get this part.

That end link you see sitting on the bed is nearly the same size of the Stock rear sway bar.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Today after I work a few hours at work, I will be attmetping to install the rear bar, along with the new bushings Johnny made for me. Since this requires the tank being drop along with the rear cross member I will also be aligning the car too. (the one thing I hate doing to my car)

I will take some pictures and give a full write up! Afterwards, I am going to go see the New Tron!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So, I will be having to install the custom rear sway bar links soon. I checked the kinda custom ones I made and the bushings are starting to be pushed out. I am sure under normal drivign conditions they wouldn't come out but after the autocross session and hard driving one has started to work itself out.

Regardless, so far the only bad effect I have seen from the thicker rear sway bar is one some driveways where the slope and aprrocah angle are a preticular way, the Eagle will hover or tweeter on just three wheels. So suspension travel in the rear is reduced alot.

Looking at the Picture I now notice an oppsite trend in body roll, the front now rolls more the rear. So Seeing if the Special front sway bar will fit is also on the to do list.

When I get home I will go into more detail on how the bar has effected the cars handling.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sounds Great!

What is 'kinda custom' about the rear links? Or did I miss something in your thread?

My original Sway bar links ends had a nasty habit of popping out of the bushings due to my harder driving style and autocrossing made it worse. I shaved some poly bushings down to squeeze fit in to the stock links ends and pushed the bolt (that goes to the sway bar itself) in. I then tapped the small hole at the end and used a bolt and washer to prevent it (bushings) from popping off anymore. When Photobucket start behaving again I will post pictures.

The bar however, has changed the cars driving characteristics alot. The response in the steering is much tighter and quicker than before. Before the back end under heavy cornering would shift and start to roll. Now it just stays put with minor roll.

My first lap at the last Solo Cross I hit many cones due to not being use to the car anymore. I was used to a slower responding car and overturned alot. Overall I believe the bar may be just a smidge too stiff if anything. I am hoping to shove the larger Special's front bar in my car soon too.

The biggest concern I have with the car besides the engine, is the body overall. I feel it flexes to much so adding some bracing will happen when the engine is out.

21 - 40 of 115 Posts