DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
LOL Look what I found on 6crew (joined after getting my 6 that's engine blew 3 weeks later, getting a new motor put in as we speak)

Come to think of it I see the 6 in your sig pic!

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
LOL Look what I found on 6crew (joined after getting my 6 that's engine blew 3 weeks later, getting a new motor put in as we speak)

Come to think of it I see the 6 in your sig pic!
Yeah, me and an other member (use to own an LH) went to the Dragon's Tail. Eagle does more than just sit.

PM me a link to that thread I am curious about it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's the guy's sig thread, I'll PM ya, when I get my 6 back on the road, maybe you and I could take a run down the dragon since I missed the 6crew meet like 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Well, I ordered new KYB Struts under warranty with rockauto (ride had become soft/cushy) and installed them. Everything went easy and nice with no hiccups on installation.

Until I test drove. The steering wheel was originally straight but afterwards was almost 90 degrees off to the right. Replacing struts may effect the alignment a bit but not that much. I had the alignment checked and it showed camber differences on both sides. I am hoping this is the cause of it.

So, on order is a set of Camber bolts so I can have my -1.0 degree of camber in the front, and I am hoping to go to the junkyard to fetch some tube 2G trailing arms, PHP crossmember, and another set of adjustable rear links so that my car will have adjustable camber all the way around.

I will also be removing the front struts again to review the assembly. I have no clue how or why it would change so much with just new struts unless the casting on the old ones or new ones are off. I have index the springs according to the FSM and old photos of the stock suspension correctly. All isolators and mounts are still new-ish.

Still have yet to figure out why, ever since I have owned the car the driver side has sit lower. With the stock worn suspension, and with the 100% new suspension.

Hopefully, after this invovlement I will have 4 more years of worry free suspension and Eagle will enjoying ripping up the Dragon just that much more.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
2G Tube Trailing arms are installed. Way easier than I thought there were going to be. However the Lateral links require slight dropping of the Crossmember for the passenger side. The fuel tank gets in the way of the bolt coming out.

So Recap.

Four Adjustable Lateral Links (I think the only other LH to have this is IntrepED) So I can adjust camber in the rear. Camber kits up front to adjust them as well. With a 1.0 to -1.0 adjustment. I am hoping to get a -1.0 degree camber all the way around.

Hoping my local Fav. Shop will let me pay them to use the machine so I can do the alignment myself.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Double post ?!

New question: How do leather recliners count as "roughing it" ?

Now for the "behaving" comment: Those rims are still very good. I need to snag one of your pics and make you a new siggy with them.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts