DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
PM me on details on how to go about getting a set of these for a 2nd gen please
Far as I know, in the 7 years of looking at this website I can recall, Only two people ever had a aftermarket rear swaybar and swaybar links like mine.

ACR

and Me.

And I go these from ACR. (who had a 13second 1G 3.5 btw. though he did have giggle gas I believe)

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
So the total lack of cooperative weather with everyday I have had off being totally ruined by cold wet weather I have done nothing to the eagle of interest.

However I do have a random noise in the rear and right front, the interior needs little love again. Gonna be hard to find the right trim pieces. I imagine one junkyard run will solve alot.

Gotta do front Pads soon with some fresh Hawks HPS and re freshen the paint on all four calipers.

And replace the blend door again with the spare.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I've honestly never seen a car like this until I came to the site, and I ran into one in the junkyard shortly after joining the site.

You got a mint car man. Hopefully she treats ya well for years to come :D

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Yeah, there's a vision and an LHS that sit at the local inspection station (both 1Gs) and From what I have seen from the bus, they need a little TLC. At some point I have to figure out who the owners are.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Short Vid of new-er exhaust setup.....

Magna Flow in the end and Thrush Bomb something or another in middle. Still has slight rasp but much bearable.

When you did this exhaust-mod, did you loose some low-end torque? Because my exhaust now look almost the same, and I lost some low-end torque on my 3.5l V6 :(

But on friday, i?m gonna mount a 2.5" round long muffler, in front of the rear axle, in a attempt to get back the lost torque...

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
When you did this exhaust-mod, did you loose some low-end torque? Because my exhaust now look almost the same, and I lost some low-end torque on my 3.5l V6 :(

But on friday, i?m gonna mount a 2.5" round long muffler, in front of the rear axle, in a attempt to get back the lost torque...
In my setup, the two pre cats were removed, but the main cat remained (not gutted) then a magna flow muffler at the end where your resonator would be. I had alot of rasp in the 2500 rpm to 300o rpms range so we put a thrush glasspak in the middle to quell it a bit to much success.

I also went from 1.75 dia to 2.25 dia,

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I must have missed this post, the exhaust looks great. Did you paint or undercoat the bottom of your car at some point?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
So Emission time came and I was worried a bit about passing since the pre cats were removed the main cat moved back 2 feet further, and the entire exhaust size was increased quite a bit to match the manifold exits.

Last year readings
HC: 91 ppm (limit 220)
CO: 0.04 % (limit 1.20)
CO2 15.0 % (limit n/a)

This year,
HC: 128 ppm (limit 220)
CO: 0.44 % (limit 1.20)
CO2 13.70 % (limit n/a)

All things considering not bad for 21 year old LH with 213,000 miles.

Current deals, Passenger side Strut bearing needs changing. Makes lots of noise when cold (like 30 degrees and lower) If the weather gets any colder I need to bypass the humongous transmission cooler out front (fluid can be too cold on startup from it) re lube the sway bar bushings and re evaluate the rear sway bar links. That rear sway bar is hell on the suspension. I often teeter on three wheels because of it but man she stays flat in corners.

Otherwise, Took a trip to Atlanta in good time avg speed 65-75mph with a record 27.9 mpg w/non ethanol fuel. Return trip w/ethanol fuel yielded 25.7 mpg avg with same speeds.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
@ 236K miles. Has long Crank issue sometimes. Replaced Cam/Crank sensors, Fuel Pressure Regulator, Fuel Pump. Helped but still sometimes pissy. Replaced the 93 injectors with 96 injectors. No change but butt dyno says bit more pull on hills. May be placbo really.

Last trip to ATL gave me the shittiest mpg ever recorded. Avg 22 whole trip. 24-25 on interstate in the 65-80mpg range with 2 hours total in traffic bringing that down. I filled up on the cheapy Ethanol stuff. Next time I will go back to my Non Etho station see what happens.

Still need to replace both Axles (one inner boot recently tore, other makes weird noise)

A/c system gave me headache for a while. Behaving now. No clue what its issue was.

Sad thoughts,

Junkyards are getting more and more useless. Getting the TSi has made it more clear the scarceness in parts. Not sure how I feel driving a "marked" car. I know it has limited time left. I've never driven anything else for so long (This was first car ever bought 12 years ago @108K miles) Done everything I ever needed it to do and more (maybe except go rully rully fast) I look at newer cars but I have no love for anything new. Atleast I can afford. Not having car payments has been a huge enabler of the house purchase and other do stuff.

The ESi has given me no warnings of any kind that would inhibit me from taking a road trip in it. But there is just reality seeping in. A Cancer that attacks all older non special vehicles. It will get it in the end maybe but I'll hang on for now. With wrench on the drip and fresh fuel in the Tank.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #115 (Edited)
Nearly three years later The Eagle still lives. I swapped the 256K mile OE engine out for the 3.55 stroker while I figure out what to do with my stash of can am parts and it.

The stroker which is approaching 10 years old and sat for 5 years nearly runs fine, def has more TQ, but having low oil pressure when hot. Engine does make some weird noises but nothing I haven't heard before. Runs fine though.

Interior rattles, the right rear strut sway bar bracket broke off two years ago. Still need to replace it. Have the parts just lack of motivation.

Junkyard locally have nearly gone empty on 1st Gens. Long as rockauto still has parts guess we are good.

Good news is though, she does get to sit inside garage and no longer serves daily driver duty. 16 years she has served well. Hoping for few more.

No clue why I am even posting now, beyond just reading a lot old posts. Man how things have changed.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts