·
Registered
11,960 Posts
No thanks!

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
They should be making the playstation slim in their first shot -. -

Then they wouldn't have anything to improve on. They make them big and bulky and ugly to begin with, then when they've sold a bunch, they come out with the new and improved slim design. I have the PS2 slim, and would rather have bought the original design, I like the drawer much better.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Remember when the PS3 first came out? And it was having heating issues? Just think if they would have put their original design in this case, it would be a disaster for cooling. It does look hella good though. I have mine, so it is what it is....Won't buy another one, ever..haha. I don't play it enough.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've got my ps3 buried in my TV stand anyways, so it doesn't really matter what it looks like or what size it is, since I only see it if I have all the Rock Band stuff plugged into it.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Remember when the PS3 first came out? And it was having heating issues? Just think if they would have put their original design in this case, it would be a disaster for cooling. It does look hella good though. I have mine, so it is what it is....Won't buy another one, ever..haha. I don't play it enough.
I never heard anything about the ps3 having heating issues. The shitbox 3FixMe did and stilldoes.

·
Registered
494 Posts
oh no...it was the X-Box of crap 360....I worked at Target when these first came out and goddamn did we get a ton back and they finally realeased a recall on the units and we had to swap them out and send them back to the manufacturer...they actually were catching on fire from kids leaving them on for days to "save" their games and stuff...what pieces of ****...I got to play one at CES before they came out and was slightly impressed but wasn't that kewl...the PS3 is pretty sweet with the blue ray player but still haven't spent the $400 to get one...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Blu Ray is one of those formats that'll come and go........just like the minidisc, betamax, and UMD formats! 90% of people won't be able to tell the difference between an upconverted DVD and a Blu-Ray DVD that costs $10 more to buy.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Blu Ray is one of those formats that'll come and go........just like the minidisc, betamax, and UMD formats! 90% of people won't be able to tell the difference between an upconverted DVD and a Blu-Ray DVD that costs $10 more to buy.
Gotta agree with you there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
actually there is contracts that deletes HD dvd format and blue ray will be left. Kinda like the cancellation of analog signal in 2009? Every signal will be digital.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ryan89w..do you mean SD? HD has already been beat. SD still exsists and I believe will still out sell Blu-Gay!

·
Registered
780 Posts
If I didn't have a PS3 already, a slim version might make me go get it finally, heating wouldn't be and has never been a PS3 problem. The units have simply been made more efficient after years now of actual hands on testing and can be compacted into a lighter smaller container for shipping, storage and i'm sure many more benefits in the mass production level. Isn't that what they do with everything now a days, your cigarette pack size cell phone used to be like in the 80's holding a shoe to your head but still works as well if not a 100x's better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Because there's too many blind people or people who can't afford a real TV...
Not blind people....Smart people! People arent falling for hype that Blu-Gay is the next new thing to take over DVD; when DVD hasnt even been out 7-10 years. It's too early to upgrade. People will upgrade tv's no problem, but then to spend another $400-$1000 on a Blu-Gay player, or a Toy is too much. People are buying upconverters because they are cheap, and they play the current sd format; with very good picture and sound.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts