DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any examples yet of what kindof change the intake adds to the engine/exhaust sound? I'm getting dual exhaust in a few days, along with the intake soon after that. I plan on posting a wav file or somethin once i get both installed. I'm just curious about the new sound.

Oh, and I'm the new proud member of a family w/ two intrepids...My dad just got a 2001 RT last week...its a beauty...and GR8WHT, my dad wont me long after me.. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would make some .wav files w/ Bboucher's car, but I don't know if he would approve. ;)(I'm babysitting it for a couple of weeks) The intake provides a healthy growl at any throttle opening over half throttle. It sounds pretty nice. The exhaust sound will depend on what mods you do to your exhaust, there are way too many variables there.

·
Registered
296 Posts
What kind of exhaust are you planning of installing on your Intrepid? I was thinking of installing the Borla Exhaust System, but its really expensive...... anyhow, i'll save my $$$$ during the winter and have it on for next summer...... good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The shop I've been dealing with recommended Flowmasters, and for dual chamber(i dont know much about exhaust construction)they charge 250, and 300 for 3-chamber(somethin like that)...anyone else recommend another brand? (cheaper than borla). Oh, and if it matters/helps anyone, they say that the treps have a similar application(or bend style) as the camaros. I just thought that was a nifty piece of info.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The intake adds a healthy growl, more like the old 4 barrels when it is wide open (WOT). The duals thing, someone correct me if I'm wrong .... open up the intake a bit, K&N intake tube bigger TB and you should get more low end torque ... opn up the exhaust and you lose that low end but gain at top end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts