·
Registered
2,199 Posts
That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Barto1127 said:
That looks pretty cool, but it says it's ideal for cars with 250+ HP or turbo cars with 350 HP.
UP to 250 and 350 for turbo cars, in math terms: ≤ (less than or equal to) not > (greater than) 250
Charles

·
Registered
488 Posts
It also says this: In the US these filters are legal ONLY for racing vehicles. Not applicable, nor intended for use on emission controlled street or highway vehicles in the US.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wouldn't have the looks, but wouldn't it be quite easy to just slap together some random junk to make one of these? I was actually planning on that when i get my K&N filter...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
This filter is to small for the 3.3 and 3.5. Should use other K&N filter.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It also says this: In the US these filters are legal ONLY for racing vehicles. Not applicable, nor intended for use on emission controlled street or highway vehicles in the US.
Maybe if you live in the People's Republic of California but cold air intakes, such as this one, are legal in some emission controled states (say NY) so long you preserve the EGR, intake air temp and crankcase vent/recirculation systems you find with the airbox OEM.

Personally I don't like this filter style, I like the more traditional cone filters.

All they did is stick it in a (plastic?) container, looks like an overglorified airbox to me.

J

·
0 Posts
Cold Air intake (I always thought) is somewhat BS. (some of these guys.. what they sell. Some CAIs are good, don't get me wrong..) But this is FULL BLOWN BS.
Air travels so goddamn fast thru that pipe, it has no time to pick up engine heat at the TIP of it. Plus, like he said, this is waaay to small for a 3.3 or 3.5L.
Factory Airbox is twice the volume than this junk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts