DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings, everyone.

New DI user here, though I've used plenty of Pontiac forums in my day due to owning my 1977 Can Am, and forums for my 1999 Dakota as well as a 2005 Pontiac Montana SV6.

We recently purchased a '99 Chrysler Concorde LXi with either 84k or 184k miles on it. The exterior is in great shape with just a few paint peels, and the interior is also in very good condition (that, and seeing that my Dakota has a six-digit odometer leads me to believe this Concorde has the lesser miles). It's a 3.2 V6 with the usual AT/PS/PB, PW/PDL, cruise ATC, powered driver and passenger seats, factory radio/CD, and what looks like leather (could be artificial...not all that worried about it :smiling:). We have a few problems with it but for $1000 it was, I think, a very good deal. I'll be asking questions about that shortly in the technical areas.

Apologies, but Photobucket blocked the pictures so once I find another hosting site I'll repost them. They are also in my garage here on DI.

·
Registered
14,853 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Your car parts are from '98 - '00. There was a change from at '01 and then another after '02. Mainly in wiring and some computer controls. Stick with '98 - '00 parts.

I see you have the column shifter and the sun sensor but the headlights do not have Auto-On. That's a plug and play item.

The speedo - tack display can also be changed out.

Think about changing the timing belt and water pump.

New headlights - does the suspension seem firm? If so - go. Enjoy the ride

Late!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t understand the 84k/184k ambiguity. Our odometers have 6 digits.

As does my Dakota, but I wasn't sure if the Concorde did. It's only displaying 5 digits, so the 84k must be accurate unless the BCM was changed and the mileage not corrected. It looks nice enough to be the lower mileage.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
As does my Dakota, but I wasn't sure if the Concorde did. It's only displaying 5 digits, so the 84k must be accurate unless the BCM was changed and the mileage not corrected. It looks nice enough to be the lower mileage.
The leather does appear to be in great shape in your photos.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The leather does appear to be in great shape in your photos.
Like the French taunter (John Cleese) said in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "Oh, yes, eet's verry niceh!"

That was one of the reasons we decided on it. The entire car looked well-maintained. We paid a low enough amount to make putting some money into it worthwhile.

Now, if I can just find the time to work in it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts