DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all owner of 1995 intrepid 3.3 former cop car...if that means anything. Anyways im going to replace my ball joints on each side this weekend and my question is the tension strut needs a new strut-to-cradle nut that i know. My question is if it would be a good idea to replace the strut-to-cradle isolator bushing as well. Thinking that if i have this all apart one stop fix would be better than pulling it all apart again. And if i should replace that bushing does it simply slide over the end or is there more to it than i think. Thanks and take care

Brian

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Sorry, I have no idea. However, you should make another post and post some pictures and info about your car. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there is nothing special....Well like i said it was a former cop car used as an unmarked. So basically no power anything bucket seats and they said there was some cop upgrades to shifting points and motor stuff but i dont know if i can believe all that. Bought it directly from the village it was used in at 35,000 miles now has 117,000 and the front end is all going to hell. Inner tie rod bushings tie rods all the good stuff that we all know about. Back to the question at hand about that isolator bushing. If i need it i would like to pick it up this week because i am driving home from college for easter and would like to have all the sh!t i need so i dont have to run around looking for a parts store and not have any open and class on monday to get back to. Thanks again and take care.
Brian

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
yes, they just slide over.. as i just had to replace one..

autozone sells them for like $10 a pair..

fa1688 is their part number.. *Strut Rod Bushing to frame*
fa1687 is *Strut Rod Bushing to Control Arm*

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got me on that one. But it was a cop car says so right there on my title. Might not be the brightest town in the state, but they picked the 3.3 instead of the 3.5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts