DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just bought this car. I have wanted it for some time now, waiting until the owner would sell! I'm a COP and heard a 'emergency call for assistance' on the scanner one night while off-duty, all the other cars were blocked-in and I jumped in this and FELL IN LOVE WITH HER!!!!! I knew this car had potential to be modified and after the sweet-looking Blond who owned it...I love the smell of the seat! OK, enough story and perversion!
I am so happy to find this site and have read the FAQ's. I want to know about the Performance Mods to a 1997 Intrepid Sport 3.5? I don't know what generation is what or anything else. I do have a fairly urgent question...., What is the best specs for a dual exhaust? I'm getting the duals put on first thing Friday morning. I was leaning towards true duals of 2" diameter with cross-over pipe. I was planning on using dual 3-chamber flow-masters and because this vehicle is for off-road use only No CAT (I know I couldn't do this, if it were to be driven on public roads).

Please give all the advice you can on the exhaust system ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks and You All take Care!, -John

·
9,861 Posts
Welcome.

You have a 1st gen. Dual 2" exhuast is pretty open, but should be fine. True dual will be easy, because there are 2 downpipes that go into the cat. Don't expect huge gains, because the stock exhuast system is pretty open.

The performance FAQ lists about every mod that is possible on first gens.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
john said:
I can 'feel' the difference and it sounds great! Take Care, -John
Congrats on the exhaust install and welcome to the forums.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts