DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined today and I have been building race engines for 25 years mostly SBC. I am on here because family car is 03 Intrepid and I am working on another 2001 to get it back running as it thrashed the bottom end with oil pump failure. I have a 2002 donor 2.7 that I am working on to get the car back running.

·
Registered
14,854 Posts
Welcome aboard, lots of information here and good people. there's a few things to know with motor swaps on the 2nd Gens. 98-01 and 02-04 motors / cars have different wiring. be careful when swapping in/out that 2.7L.

Late!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mild Performance Work

I was thinking about doing some mild head porting and bowl blend along with a 7 angle Serdi Valve Job with the same cutters I use on CUP heads. If it looks good, I will probably re-grind the camshafts to a lobe similar to the ones I run in my "Outlaw" 604 GM Crate Engines.

They are pretty mild and drivable and make close to 500HP on a 350 V-8 normal headed engine, I would expect those lobes to make close to 300hp on a 2.7 with the added airflow from heads.

The same lobes run on one of the Modular Fords made close to 600HP so they really let the engine breath a lot better.

I think with all the emissions requirements they really limit the intake charge a lot and go for mileage as the family Intrepid has been getting 26-28mpgs since 2003.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts