DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm new here. Is there anyone in the Detroit area that I could link up w/ to get some tips and tricks of the trade with my new dodge?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
ahh..great another silver one

Welcome to the Jungle :bigparty:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I been reading up the Intrepids, and I'm kinda nervous, I have an SE with a 2.7L, I have heard about the oil problem in it, how frequent is this problem?!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Very Frequent..

What you need to do is switch to Mobil 1 syntetic oil asap..and change it every 3,000 miles on the dime..and youll be fine..if you dont want to pay a lil extra money to get the synthetic..youre doomed..

so switch to Mobil 1 synthetic and change your oil every 3,000 miles..and youll be fine

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like the plan. As soon as I bought the car, I went and got an oil change, however I dont know what oil he put in it. I'm at 99k, so does it matter which Mobil 1 Synthetic, one for high mileage maybe?

Also, while getting the car checked out, the mechanic told me breaks squeaking are typical of Chyslers, my pads were good but I needed to change the rotors (which sucks). Is that common as well?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imadreadhead said:
ahh..great another silver one

Welcome to the Jungle :bigparty:
And what's wrong with silver!?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to mod it slightly, nothing major, I'm a conservative kinda guy, maybe some wheels, sounds, some small performance add ons and I'm done. The 2.7L needs all the help it can get.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much is one of those engines, I am not working with much loot here. I got the Trep on a whim at an auction, my winning bid was $3100, has 99k, solid and clean body, in a couple minor fender benders, there is only a small dent on the side, (in the picture you can't even see it). I just wanna keep the bad boy alive and kicking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts