DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

Im new to the site, and I dont own a concorde or intrepid, (me drives a purdy magnum :)), but my reason for posting this is:

Long story short, my moms 04 intrepid just died. (sludging) i have already been quoted about 8 or 9k for a new motor swap. After talkin with my fellow bretheren over at LXFORUMS.com they suggested i check you guys out for some ideas. I registered here and read a lot, man, you guys are good at what you do. im really diggin a lot of the cars here!!! Anyways, just wanted to say whats up, and see if you guys have any more info that i could use about doing a swap. maybe someone on here knows a shop thats close to where i am (Hampton roads, va) that would do it for a reasonable amount. appreciate fellas (ladies) !!

thanks,

The Hurse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2003 intrepid with 2.7 has a 7/70k power-train warranty check yours. I see many posts about the 2.7 problems but I seem to have none, did DC fix them in later models and give them a longer warranty?

Good luck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Can you give some particulars?
How many miles, is it in warranty still?
How often are the oil changes, and can you prove it to the dealer. The sludging problem shouldn't occur with an 04. They did some improvements on the 02 models and up.

Hope you can get the thing cleaned out.

I would doubt that a new engine costs 9 grand. I thought maybe 6 and a used one 4K.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fred0803,

Do you have any details on the 2.7 engine improvements made after '02. I figured DC /did some fixes, why else would they provide a 7/70k warranty on my '03.

I hope the Hurse has documentation on oil changes, the dealer will most likely want that as proof prior to any warranty work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[sigh=The Hurse] Car's out of original warranty. She has 70,500 or so on the clock, I cant remember right now. I have done some of the oil changes, and so has the dealer, but did my mom keep her receipts? Nope. Fred0803, i heard that the sludging shouldnt occur, and when I talked to whatever that place is that handles all of the claims for the DCX's 2.7L mistake, they informed me that they were only told to handle 98-2002 model 2.7l motors. So maybe they thought they fixed the issue, but it has reared its ugly head again. I dunno, but right now I am going to look into gettin the 3.5 dropped her "Trep" ( i gotta get used to saying that, now that I am lurking, posting on this site:)) I am hoping that it won't cost me more than 5 or 6k for everything. Its imperative that the car be up and running again or else my mom is just makin monthly payments on a 2 ton paperweight. Thanks again guys and gals for your input. [/sigh]

The Hurse

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.