DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:smileyvault-newhere Hey all, I am new here and just wanted to say hello,

I just bought a 1995 Intrepid ES w/3.5 litter for dirt cheap.It had a bad water pump and timing belt, I fixed those. Now I need to know what types of problems are common for this car, If any one can help It would be helpful the blue beast as I call it has 157,000 miles on it and I do not know the cars history. It runs great with a few minor problems. It misses at about 55mph going up hill also the idiot light for the oil comes on at idle after it has ran for about 30 min. I have changed the oil when I first got the car. I do most of the work myself

hope to hear from some of you other owners about the car :thankyou:

·
Woober Goobers!
51,032 Posts
Maybe post in the appropriate section of the forum regarding your problems?

·
Woober Goobers!
51,032 Posts
Forgot to say Welcome otherwise!

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Welcome to the site and don.t worry about the forum you posted in its fine.

As far as normal issues go the inner and outer tie-rod ends and sway-bar links along with the lower control arms and strut-rod bushings are very common replacements.

Motor wise you have already taken care of the the two most common failures in the 1st gen 3.5 but the lower intake manifold gaskets and injector o-rings are known to leak.

With the issues you are having i would replace the oil pressure sensor (Dealer Only) and the spark plugs (Champion Coppers Only) and get new plug wires (Your Choice).

Edit...Also the engine cradle bushings are another common replacement given the age of our cars.

·
Registered
30 Posts
a common problem for 1st gen Intrepids is the passenger-side airbag cover. They warp and shrink. Still trying to find a solution myself. For big bucks you can go to a dealer and have a new airbag installed. It'll come with a new door/cover.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Welcome!! Does your A/C work? If not you may need a new transducer, evaporator, or condenser just to name a few parts!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
a common problem for 1st gen Intrepids is the passenger-side airbag cover. They warp and shrink. Still trying to find a solution myself. For big bucks you can go to a dealer and have a new airbag installed. It'll come with a new door/cover.
How much?? :baller:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The A/C worked until the compresser locked up and with what I have in it it still cost me less than 200

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Welcome to the site and don.t worry about the forum you posted in its fine.

As far as normal issues go the inner and outer tie-rod ends and sway-bar links along with the lower control arms and strut-rod bushings are very common replacements.

Motor wise you have already taken care of the the two most common failures in the 1st gen 3.5 but the lower intake manifold gaskets and injector o-rings are known to leak.

With the issues you are having i would replace the oil pressure sensor (Dealer Only) and the spark plugs (Champion Coppers Only) and get new plug wires (Your Choice).

Edit...Also the engine cradle bushings are another common replacement given the age of our cars.
I second all of those above and will throw in the rear brake lines over/behind the struts, they rot out badly around here and burst(I didn't notice where you live)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts